Something More

Nova sat in between you and Jimin in the back seat of the cab and had her head on your shoulder. Jimin had his arm draped over the back and you tried to ignore his hand directly behind you. The restaurant was close to your hotel so it didn't take long before you were pulling Nova out of the back and guiding her inside. The tired part of her drunken stupor had set in and it was making her stumble even more than before.

You struggled to keep your best friend from falling. "Here." Jimin moved to stand in front of her with his back to her as he crouched down. "Get on my back." He gestured for you to help Nova onto his back.

She crawled onto him with some help from you and he hoisted her up easily with his well built frame. She wrapped her arms around his neck and he held her legs securely. She giggled and closed her eyes, "You smell amazing." He shook his head and laughed before asking you to lead the way to your room. You apologize for your friend and he waves you off as you walk to the elevator. 

Once at your door, you opened it and let Jimin and Nova in first. Nova was already passed out cold on Jimin's back.

"Which bed is hers?" He whispered, and you pointed to the bed on the far side by the window. He moved past you and, along with your help, managed to get her into the bed. You slipped off her shoes and covered her up, taking her phone from her pocket and setting it on the bedside table to charge. Damn it, she was so lucky to have you. You set a trash can next to her head before grabbing a glass and filling it with water. You set it next to her phone along with some Tylenol you keep in your bag at all times.

"See, I told you that you could use my help~" Jimin said with a wink as he whispered.

"You don't have to whisper, she sleeps like a rock." You insisted with a laugh. "But yes, this was definitely a lot easier because of you. Thank you." 

"Don't mention it." He said, waving his hand in dismissal. Though his attention was drawn over towards your bed where the books you had bought were resting on the night stand. "Oh, did you buy these when you went to that book store the other day?" He asked, walking over to grab one of the familiar books.

"Yeah, they caught my eye so I had to have them." You smiled sheepishly, stepping over to him.

"I know the feeling." His eyes darkened as he looked at you when you were in front of him. You blushed under his stare as you over-analyzed the double meaning in what he said. Oh, he was trouble, you could feel it.

As if he hadn't said anything, he looked down at the book in his hand. He traced his fingers over the silver lettering, similar to how you did the other day. "I've heard great things about this book, is it any good?"

"I haven't read too much of it yet, but I like the story so far."

The two of you took a seat on the edge of your bed and continued to talk about the book. The conversation soon trailed to other topics like music and entertainment, and you were surprised at how much you had in common.

You discussed bands you enjoyed, and he told you about his time in dance school, and what he was like in high school and you shared stories of yourself back then as well. You couldn't believe it as he told you that he wasn't very popular in school, you figured with that baby face he would for sure have been a lady killer.

Once again, time was lost. Nova never woke up, proving what you said earlier about her sleeping heavily. You were sitting cross legged on your bed and Jimin had his body laid out along the side, his head next to you on one of the pillows. He listened to you talk and played absentmindedly with a string on your ripped jeans. His fingers occasionally brushed your exposed skin and it was very distracting.