Dinner... And a date?

Tomorrow didn't seem to come fast enough. But before you knew it you were standing outside the restaurant 30 minutes early with your best friend. Thankfully, the place seemed pretty casual so neither of you decided to wear anything too flashy, not that you didn't quietly stress about what to wear. The day had been gently warm but now that nighttime was creeping in, it was starting to get a bit colder.

"Ahhhh" Your friend groaned. "I didn't realize it was going to get cold." She grumbled and pulled her jacket tighter around her body. "Hopefully they get here soon. I'm freezing and starving." She whined.

"Well we did show up early." You admitted, glancing at the time on your phone. "But it took forever to try and explain where we wanted to go to the taxi." You sighed. Why did the number system in Korea have to be so confusing?

You both decided to rest against the wall of the restaurant as you waited for the 'stranger' from the beach and his unknown friend.

"You know this could be some serial killer set up or something right?" You friend stated glancing at you.

"Well you only live once." You said with a shrug. The excitement overtook your caution. But, at least you two were together, less chance of something bad happening, right? Besides, you could think of worse ways to go than in a city of brilliant lights and at the hands of a dark Korean god. Your best friend laughed at your lack of alarm and shook her head.

"...Y/N?" A voice questioned right beside your friend's ear, who had not been paying attention to her surroundings so the sudden deep voice caused her to yelp and jump out of her skin. This in turn seemed to scare the unknown male, who wore a simple white surgical mask which stood out like a beacon of light on the body that was shrouded in darkness. They both raised their voices in surprise before Nova turned away and held her chest, trying to catch her breath. Even you were caught off guard by the sudden sound but had recognized your name.

"Uh...that's me?" You said pointing to yourself as you looked at the strange masked man who stood near your friend seemingly trying to catch his own breath.

"Ah!" The man said before turning around and waving toward someone else. "Here!" The mystery man called out toward someone down the dark sidewalk.

Your friend's eyes darted between you and the stranger. He didn't look like the guy from the beach. He was a little shorter though half his face was hidden. She stared at you in question as you stepped to the side to see who the man was waving at. Another masked man appeared from the shadows but you could tell by his hair, the shine of his eyes, his height. It was Namjoon. You bit your lip to contain your ear to ear grin and offered a small wave and Namjoon moved a bit more quickly to catch up with you all.

"I'm sorry. I hope we didn't keep you guys waiting." Namjoon said once he reached everyone.

"Oh, no. We showed up early." You said, shaking your head to reassure him as if it was no trouble. You gave Nova a side eyed glace, warning her not to complain.

He focused his gaze on you and a grin crept onto his face slowly before his hues flickered and he quickly gestured toward the strange man who had approached you all first. "This is my friend Hoseok." He said, introducing the other man. You couldn't clearly see his face but you could tell he was smiling under that mask as his eyes crinkled.

"I'm Y/N and this is my friend, Nova." You said introducing yourselves. You held out your hand to him and he took it with a smile into his own warm, soft hand. Instead of shaking it, however, he used it to pull you to him and wrap you in a bear hug. He squeezed you, making you grunt, the scent of pine and musk enveloping you. When he released you, you laughed as he did the same to Nova. You liked him already.