Party Bus

Namjoon offered to pick you and Nova up from your hotel to save you both the hassle of trying to get to the venue of the award ceremony. You agreed and gave him the address to your hotel before you left with Nova that night.

When you told her on the way home about tomorrow's plans, she seemed surprisingly excited. She started going on and on about how she wanted to spend more time with the boys and spouting facts she had learned about them that night with delight on her face. Well, guess there was no need to convince her.

The next evening came. You and Nova had gone out earlier, getting some food and seeing a few more places before heading back to the hotel to get ready for the award ceremony. The words 'award' and 'ceremony' always made you think about long, sparkling ball gowns and flashy black tuxedos. 

Normally, the longest amount of time and effort you spend on clothing involved ripped jeans and a band tee, maybe a beanie and your expensive, only-for-special-occasions Vans, but you didn't want to embarrass Namjoon and the others by looking like you had just stepped out of Hot Topic.

So here you stood in front of the floor length mirror next to your best friend, both of you looking over each other's outfits. You had opted to go to the mall to purchase something to wear tonight despite your aversions to dresses. Not willing to suffer too much, however, you both got clothes that you could also wear to a not so formal event, possibly even a club. Nova was also a more casual dresser and her idea of classy was a flowy cardigan, and that's if she was really going all out. She scrunched up her nose at her reflection. 

She was now wearing a deep purple gown that came down to the middle of her calves. It was sleeveless, with only one strap held up by her right shoulder. It was a form fitting silk material and had a matching tule wrap. "What even is the point of these?" She complained as she wrapped her elbows in the sheer material. "It's not like this is keeping anything warm or covering anything." 

Laughing at her pain, you looked down at your own attire and your smile wavered. Running your hands down the sides of the sleek, black skirt of your dress, you felt more than a little out of your element. The bottom hem came just above your knees and had small slits on both sides. Your dress was sleeveless as well, with a lace decoration being the only thing covering your back. You slipped your feet into your new black Gladiator style sandals, you had to maintain an image and heels were a deal breaker.

Your phone buzzed loudly on the dresser in the bedroom and you walked over, grabbing it and smiling instantly at the same that pops up on the screen.

No need to dress up for me, doll face. Wear what you want. - Namjoon

As if I would dress up for you. So full of yourself, Mr. Kim.

You could be full of me, too ;) - Namjoon

You bit your lip at the overused pick-up line, but somehow it still had the desired effect since he was the one to use it.

Wow, does that ever work?

You tell me. - Namjoon

I'm outside in a black van. - Namjoon

That doesn't sound suspicious at all.

Are you afraid? - Namjoon

Terrified.

You grinned at the back and forth banter. You finished getting dressed, adding one last thing, the necklace Nova had gotten you for your last birthday, before stuffing your phone and wallet into the small black clutch you were taking with you.

"They're out front!" You yelled toward Nova who was still held up in the bathroom. "Are you ready?" You questioned, approaching the door.

The door flung open and Nova breezed past you in hurried excitement "Yes!"

"Are you...wearing make up?" You tilted your head towards her to get a better look at her face.

"I do wear make up, yes."

"No, like, more than usual." You added with a questionable stare as you looked at her face. She usually put on the bare minimum, eyeliner and concealer, but she looked all...done up.

"What? No? Shut up." She lowered her gaze to the floor and avoided your eyes, pushing you towards the exit.

You laughed at her obvious methods but shook your head as the two of you headed out of your room and made your way out of the hotel. You didn't have to look hard, quickly spotting a very large 'van' that was so big it almost seemed like a mini bus. "Guess that's it." You said with a shrug and started to approach the vehicle.

Just as you reached the back doors of the van, they were pushed open to reveal Namjoon. "Hey." One word, he had said one word to you, but it did strange things to your heart. He threw a signature dimpled smile towards you before offering a kind smile to Nova as well. This time, she seemed to lack her former skepticism towards the man and waved at him nicely.

He jumped down out of the van and pushed the doors open wider to let you both in. However, when you looked inside, all of the boys were sitting there, posing as if it were a model shoot.

Hoseok had his leg propped up on the seat, looking off in the distance as if staring pensively into a sunset. V was doing what you assumed was his 'signature' pose as he made a 'V' with his fingers and placed them over one of his eyes. Jin just looked to the side and seemed to let his face do all the work. Suga just sat in the corner, staring at the two of you with a look that seemed to say 'I'm not participating in this fuckery.'

Then there was Jimin, one leg kicked up on the seat across from him, his other leg bent to allow his elbow to rest on his knee as he gently placed his thumb on his chin and tilted his head up just enough to portray the 'perfect' angel. He was trying hard to strike an attractive pose, but his natural perfection made it seem so effortless at the same time.

But, laughter erupted from Nova as she gestured to Jungkook. Pursing his lips and just pointing straight up for no apparent reason. Clearly not taking the situation seriously. "Kookie!" She laughed so hard that she had to place a hand over her stomach.

You quickly looked at Nova "... Kookie?" You questioned with a raised brow. Since when did she start calling him by a nickname.

"Shut up, it's just a nickname." She said, shrugging it off before eagerly climbing into the van.

Namjoon couldn't help but laugh in faint embarrassment to his quirky members.

"You know, this is more like a party bus over a van." Nova said glancing around.

"Party!" V yelled as you and Namjoon climbed into the van and shut the doors behind you.

"Party! Yeah!" Hoseok added in chant before suddenly grabbing a hold of Nova and pulling her down into the seat beside him, which caused her to laugh wildly.

You took a seat between Jimin and Namjoon.

Jimin licked at his lips lightly before offering you a smile. You didn't think much of it in the moment and instead offer another bright smile back before turning your head to Namjoon.

Suga raised his hand and beat on the wall, signalling to the driver that they were ready to go. But it seemed like the others took it as a signal to start the 'party'.

"It's going to be a looonnggg drive to the venue." Namjoon said to you.

The van started to move, causing Jimin to bump into you. Though he seemed to lean into it a bit more than a simple bump. You turned your head to him to see him smiling sweetly at you that just caused you to snicker.

It was going to be a long drive, but at least it wouldn't be boring.