13

"Please, Professor McGonagall." Hermione spoke up stepping forward. "They were looking for me."

"Miss Granger!" Professor McGonagall said aghast.

"They were looking for us." Alexandra stepped next to Hermione, giving her arm a squeeze. "I was feeling a little down, you see, and Hermione was cheering me up, and we missed the Halloween feast. We had no idea there was a troll loose in the school."

"Be that as it may, missing a mandatory school feast without letting a teacher know is against the rules. In cases of emergencies such as today." Professor McGonagall said.

"I know, professor, and we didn't mean to even miss the feast. It's just the last year has been a little rough and, well, Hermione's such a dear friend to comfort me. Time just got away from us. As soon as we realised we must've been late for the feast, the troll came into the bathroom. If it wasn't for Ron and Harry doing the levitation charm we learned today, Hermione and I might've been dead. They saved us." Ron gaped at his sister before shutting his mouth and pretending it was true. The amount of distress in her voice sounded real. Professor McGonagall's eyes softened.

"Five points for telling the truth no matter how hard it was to get out." Professor McGonagall said to Alexandra. "And five points to you for the loyalty you've demonstrated to a friend in need." She turned to Hermione. She turned to the boys. "As for you two, you should've come and found a teacher as soon as you realised the girls were still missing. I hope you realise just how fortunate you are. Not many students could take on a fully grown mountain troll and live to tell the tale." She shook her head, and left the room, with Snape walking out with her. Quirrell was left. The four students decided it was time to go back to their dorms.

"Oh!" Alexandra gasped. "I forgot my wand. It must've fallen away. Hermione, will you come with me?"

"Of course." Hermione and Alexandra headed back as the boys walked on. Once she was sure they were out of earshot, she turned to Alexandra. "So, are you going to tell me what that was?"

"Good reflexes."

"Your eyes were yellow. Really yellow."

"Must've caught the light for a second."

"It was longer than a second. It was minutes."

"Hermione, please let it go. At least for tonight."

"I won't tell, I promise. But still, you need someone to talk to."

"Not about this. Never about this. Hermione please. You're my friend. Don't do this." She pleaded. Hermione stopped and crossed her arms.

"I told you I won't tell. Whatever it is your afraid of, it's okay. You saved me, today. So I'll repay the favour and slay the monsters in your past."

"I can't Hermione. Maybe- maybe you should head to the common room with Harry and Ron?" Alexandra said.

"Yeah, right."

"Just go, Hermione. Please. I'll talk to you tomorrow." Alexandra ran away to the toilet. She noticed Quirrell still there, and almost turned away.

"I didn't see you in class today." He said. "I haven't seen you in class for months, in fact."

"Didn't Dumbledore tell you? You creeped me out."

"Somehow I doubt you tattled. You've always been strong. Strong enough to stand your ground."

"Looks like your stutter's disappeared."

"We both know there was no stutter to begin with, Alexandra."

"Why are you here? Why are you at Hogwarts? Somehow I doubt the dark lord would want to be anywhere near Harry Potter."

"Perhaps I missed my granddaughter." A small voice said. "Hello, Alexandra."

"Voldemort." She grimaced. "Aren't you suffocating with that turban around your face? From what I remember, you're still pretty weak."

"You left us, my darling." He said.

"Well, I didn't fancy calling an evil mastermind 'grandpa Tom' for the rest of my life. I should tell Dumbledore you're here. He'd finish you off."

"You should," Quirrell said. "But you won't."

"Won't I?"

"You would have already, but you're afraid. There isn't anything to be afraid of. I'm making you great."

"You made me a monster!" She burst out. "That wasn't great. And I hope you rot in hell."

"There's a reason you won't go running to Dumbledore. You need my help, don't you?"

"Just stay away from me."

"You need to make the potion again don't you? You need some unicorn hair."

"I don't want the potion. I don't want to hurt unicorns, and I have no desire to take something that'll affect my mental state. I don't want to be your little pet, so leave me alone. You're not my family. You're just a parasite, residing at the back of Quirrell's head. I have never trusted you. I was raised by good people, and I am going to spend the rest of my life trying to be like them, making the good decisions, because I don't care how much evil I have in me. I refuse to be evil."

"We'll see how long that lasts. Come find me when you need the unicorn hair. I'd only be glad to give it to you, my dear."

"I'm not your anything. And I would rather die than ask for your help. Leave me alone, and stay away from me. Both of you."

"We would never hurt you." Quirrell tried. "Your grandfather cares deeply for you, and I, myself, have come to develop familiar feelings towards you. Such strong emotion, I imagine, comes from the link between your grandfather and I."

"I may have Riddle blood, or Gaunt blood, whatever you want to call it, running through my veins, but my family are the Weasleys. My mother's name is Molly, my father's name is Arthur. My grandmothers' names are Cedrella Black Weasley and Rosalie Lovelace Prewett. My grandfathers' names are Alfred Prewett and Septimus Weasley."

"Wrong. They may be your adoptive family, but I am your true grandfather, and your grandmother's name was Charlotte Willis. I don't know much about the other set, but... they're probably dead. Your mother's name was Morgana Gaunt."

"I hate you, and you will never be my family." She said and jumped over the troll, picking up her wand. She ducked under Quirrell's outstretched arms and ran out of the bathrooms all the way to the Hufflepuff dormitories.