9

The next morning, Dumbledore called Alexandra into his office. She was escorted by Professor Sprout, who wouldn't stop chatting the whole way there. Alexandra was wondering what on earth the headteacher wanted to know about- whether it had anything to do with her adventures the night before.

"Ah, Miss Weasley." He said with a smile. She decided he was too happy. Perhaps it was an old man thing, but she didn't like it.

"May I ask why you called me, sir?" She asked and he gave her a sort of knowing look.

"I'm sure you know." He said. She frowned and shook her head 'no'.

"Madame Pomfrey informed me you asked for a dreamless sleep potion?" Her eyes widened- she'd hoped no one would ask any questions.

"Yes. I just had a few nightmares."

"Sometimes I find it helps to talk to someone." He said.

"You know, don't you?" She pointed out. "My mother must have told you why I left last year." He didn't answer. "I mean, you're the reason I grew up a Weasley. You're the one who gave me to my parents. My only question is why? Knowing my true heritage, why wouldn't you have kept a closer eye on me?"

"You were a baby. Should I have judged you based on your bloodline? I gave you to Molly and Arthur because if there was anyone who could have raised you without judgement and hatred, with love and care it would have been them. And I was right, wasn't I?"

"I got scared last year. I didn't know what to do or think so I left. I don't plan on disappearing like that again, I promise. These dreams I have- they're nothing big, headmaster. It's just Hogwarts is a big place, and so new. It was just some nerves, you see." She explained, but noticed a phoenix in front of her. "Oh wow. I've always wanted to see a phoenix! They're so magical and rare!" She took a step closer to it and it opened it's mouth letting out the most beautiful sound she'd ever heard. The phoenix flew onto her shoulder and nuzzled against her cheek. "Oh he's magnificent."

"Fawkes usually never shows affection to one save for myself and those loyal to me. Never to strangers, though." Dumbledore noted.

"I love animals." Alexandra smiled and stroked Fawkes. He pecked her finger playfully and flew away. "Is that all, headmaster?"

"Just one other thing. Last year-"

"I'd really rather not talk about the last year, sir."

"Very well, Miss Weasley. But if ever you need to-"

"I know where to find you." She smiled and turned to leave.

"Wait, that's not all." He stopped her. She turned around and cocked her head to the side, curiously. "I've been informed that professor Quirrell has been making you uncomfortable?"

"What?" Her eyes widened before she wiped her face void of emotion. She cleared her throat. "I mean, um, who said that?"

"That's not what's important. What truly matters is, I would like to offer you one on one tuition with professor Snape instead. You wouldn't have to attend classes with professor Quirrell at all."

"Professor-"

"I hear you're quite advanced than the rest of your classmates. Think of it as lessons that are at your level instead."

"What does professor Snape have to say about it?"

"Don't you worry about that. What do you say about it?"

"I'd like those lessons with professor Snape." She nodded. Dumbledore smiled and she decided maybe he wasn't too awful.

"Go see professor Snape tomorrow after your lessons. He can set you up with a schedule then." She nodded and left.