42

Alexandra walked into the empty dorm and placed a labelled vial of the draught on Hannah's bed. She headed back to her bed and pulled out a journal. She started writing down ingredients, and measurements for what looked like a potion. As soon as she heard the girls coming back to the room, she shoved the book under her pillow and feigned sleep.
"Oh, I'm so tired!" She heard Megan exclaim. "I think I might go to bed early tonight."

"I'm too nervous about the end of year exams." Hannah huffed. "I don't think I'll get any sleep until they're over."

"Relax, Hannah. You'll do fine. Besides hardly anyone ever fails. I don't think anyone has for decades, or even centuries." Susan comforted.

"Yeah, and you're clever. You'll definitely pass. Probably with flying colours!"

"More like with flying pigs." She sat on her bed. She saw the vial on her pillow. "What's this? Draught of Peace?" She read the label.

"That'll help you calm down." Megan remarked.

"What's it doing on my pillow?" There was a pause.

"Alex." The girls all said at the same time. Megan crept over to Alexandra's bed. She sat on the edge, and shook her, not at all softly.

"We know you're awake." She said. "Come on, Alex. No need to hide."

"Go away." Alexandra groaned.

"No way." Susan said, joining Megan in shaking Alexandra. Hannah joined them too.

"Yeah, you're stuck with us and you like us."

"Whatever gave you that idea?"

"You spent an hour and a half to brew a draught of peace for Hannah to help with her anxiety."

"I just got bored of hearing you all complain."

"You're not fooling anyone, Alex."

"Go away, I wanna go back to sleep."

"You weren't asleep. You were probably writing in that journal of yours."

"Just leave me alone." She groaned.

"What happened to the owl?" Susan asked. "You had it in here for one day and then it was never seen again."

"I had it put down."

"Okay. And what really happened?"

"Get off." Alexandra groaned. The girls had managed to cram themselves on her bed somehow.

"No way." Megan said. Susan jumped up.

"I've just had a really great idea! Let's have a sleepover! We'll invite the other girls."

"Oh, yes, let's!" Hannah agreed. Alexandra covered her face with her hands and groaned.

"Leave me out of this."

"We'll invite Hermione." Megan tried to entice.

"She's not a Hufflepuff."

"So? We can still invite her. We'll blindfold her and bring her down. We can cover her ears at the entrance."

"It's almost curfew."

"Not for a half hour. We have enough time to get there and back down."

"No, thank you."

"Let's do it." Hannah said and Alexandra rolled her eyes.

"I'll fetch Hermione." Megan volunteered.

"I'll tell the other girls." Hannah added.

"And I'll make sure Alex doesn't sneak away."

"I don't want a sleepover."