31

The next day, Alexandra had packed her bags for Romania. She'd gone down to the great hall for breakfast, excited to see the twins' reaction. They trudged into the hall, sullenly and Alexandra had to keep in her laugh. Their hairs were bright green. When her dormmates came in, they sat down in front of her.
"That's what you went to do yesterday?" Susan asked.

"That's not even the best part." She said, smirking.

"What is?"

"Let's just say the twins aren't going to be talking any time soon. Not if they want to avoid embarrassment."

"What did you do?" Alexandra shrugged, innocently.

"Me? I did nothing."

"Well played, Weasley." Megan smiled, in a better mood than she was the day before.

"Thanks." Alexandra nodded. She looked up at Hermione who had her hand against her mouth, giggling.

After breakfast, her brothers grabbed her and pulled her outside.
"What did you do? Honk." George said.

"Hello, Fred. Hello George." She smirked, genuinely happy.

"What did you do to us? Plop." Fred repeated his brothers questions.

"I did nothing."

"Why do we keep saying random words, Alexandra? And why is our hair green? Moo." Alexandra's eyes turned cold.

"My name is Alex." She pulled away and walked away from the twins. She bumped into Hermione, Harry and Ron outside. They were hurrying out to Hagrid's hut.

"Alex!" Hermione called to her and walked over. "Hey what's wrong?"

"Nothing. The twins are still being idiots."

"I think what you did to them was genius."

"How did you do it?" Ron asked.

"It took a lot of planning and some help."

"Who helped you?"

"I need to talk to you, Hermione." Alexandra said and leaned in to whisper in her friend's ear. "Meet me at Snuffles's corridor after dinner tonight."

"Sure." Hermione nodded.

"Alexandra-" Ron began but she glared at him. "Alex." He corrected.

"Yes?"

"Spend today with us. You're leaving tomorrow, so it can't do much harm."

"I can't. I have to go talk to Snape."

"About what?"

"Why does it matter?"

"Because no one sane would willingly go talk to Snape. And he's evil."

"He's not evil."

"Why? Because he's a professor?"

"No, because he's helpful. He's been teaching me DADA and I've learned more in one of his lessons than everything Quirrell tried to teach us during the first few weeks."

"Why don't you boys go ahead to Hagrid's hut?" Hermione offered. "I'm gonna walk Alex to the school."

"Great idea." Alexandra looped her arm through Hermione's and the girls walked away from the boys.

"What's going on?"

"It's really a long story, Hermione. I'll tell you later."

"Does it have something to do with your grades?"

"Yeah."

"Okay, I'll meet you later, then." Hermione said. "See you."

"Bye." Alexandra watched her friend head back out and headed to the dungeons. Professor Snape wasn't in his office so she decided to take a walk of the grounds. She found herself outside, where she saw the pale haired boy who sought to insult her and her family. She turned away, deciding it wasn't worth the trouble of dealing with him and found her way up to the mysterious room that only appeared sometimes. She spent a while in there, relishing in the peace as she lay on a beautiful, yet comfortable, couch. When she finally emerged, she had some time before lunch, and went to see if Snape had gone back to his office yet. To her delight he had.

"Miss Weasley." He smiled.

"Alex, professor."

"How are you?" He asked, before smirking. "Feeling faint?"

"You're very funny." She groaned and walked up to his desk and put the leaflet Dumbledore had given her on it.

"What's this?"

"Dumbledore suggested I go to Mahoutokoro."

"Japan?"

"Yes."

"Any particular reason?" She sighed and handed him the brown envelope Dumbledore had put her grades in. Snape looked at it curiously and opened it. His eyes widened as he looked through. "And here you were worrying about failing. Has your family seen this?"

"Dumbledore sent a copy ahead to my parents, but I haven't shown my brothers."

"You realise there has never been a witch or a wizard to pass seventh-year subjects before even completing one term at Hogwarts."

"I've never been normal. I mean, look at me. I'm a Weasley with brown hair."

"Fair point." Snape smiled. "Do you want to go?"

"No. Yes. I don't know."

"It is a pretty heavy decision."

"Dumbledore says I don't have to choose until the end of the year."

"That gives you some time, I suppose. You do know this is entirely your choice?" He tried to assure.

"I think I need to stay."

"What do you want?"

"I don't know."

"Why do you feel you need to stay?"

"Should I start calling you doctor Snape instead of professor?" Alexandra raised a brow and he rolled his eyes.

"Alex."

"Chalk it up to one of my many mysteries."

"Like how you managed to befriend a cerberus? Or where you've been the past year? How you know about my past status as a... you know."

"Who my parents are.." She added. He faked a confused look. "I know Dumbledore told you. You were in the room that day when Dumbledore offered me lessons with you."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"I know Dumbledore didn't tell you anything about my biological family, but I know you know I'm adopted."

"You are?"

"You're not a very good liar, professor."

"Who says I'm lying?" Alexandra just shrugged.

"Professor, will I still have DADA lessons with you after the break?"

"I'm sure I can scrounge up something to teach you." He smiled fondly.

"Great." She grinned. "I'm going to go see whether the twins are sorry enough yet."

"I saw your handiwork."

"Impressed?"

"You gave me an excuse to scold them. Saying moo to a teacher isn't amusing." His tone was as dry as ever and Alexandra giggled.