38

"I should probably get to my dorm." Alexandra said, standing up as Draco walked further into the classroom.

"Don't forget your homework. And do remember not to go over more than six inches, if you must."

"A foot?" She plead.

"Six inches."

"But I'll probably be doing it with Hermione and between the two of us, six extra inches is not enough."

"Miss Weasley." He said sternly and she rolled her eyes.

"Fine. Six inches."

"If Miss Granger doesn't find her own classwork quite challenging enough, inform her she may write an essay of her own regarding the topic." Alexandra's eyes lit up.

"Really?"

"Just the homework." He said and she grinned running off. Draco stood awkwardly, looking at Professor Snape. He'd only ever seen him be nice whenever Professor Snape came over to visit his parents.

Alexandra rushed straight to the Gryffindor common room, and asked a random student to call Hermione to come out.
"You look excited." Hermione remarked, as she and Alexandra walked around the school. "Shouldn't you be in class?"

"I got dismissed early, but guess what?"

"Yes?"

"You know how we always do my DADA homework together?"

"Yes?"

"Professor Snape says we might as well produce an essay each and hand in both to him, seeing as Quirrell's lessons aren't exactly advanced enough for you either."

"Really?"

"Yes."

"Oh this is great. Oh, when is our next homework due?"

"Thursday. A three foot essay, but we're not allowed to go more than six inches over the height."

"Six inches?"

"I know. But hey, we can write more now that we have two papers to do. We'll start tomorrow, deal?"

"Deal." Hermione grinned and the girls continued walking.

"People would probably think we're mad." Alexandra smirked.

"Maybe we are. Who cares?"

"That's more like it. See? I'm already rubbing off on you more than you'd like to admit."

"Well, if you leave me behind then I'm going to have to develop a thicker skin. You won't be here to frighten off any bullies."

"I don't know if I'm leaving. I don't think I will."

"But what about challenging yourself academically?"

"You keep me on my toes."

"Yeah, right."

"You do. You should come to Mahoutokoro."

"You and I both know I am nowhere near as advanced as you. When we do your DADA homework, I'm learning along, but you're just writing things you already know."

"No, I'm learning too."

"I'm not falling for that." Hermione said. There was a silence as they walked.

"I told Professor Snape." Alexandra said a few minutes later. Hermione stopped and looked at her.

"What?"

"I told Snape about me."

"What exactly did you tell him?"

"My... biological family." Alexandra said. Hermione looked around and grabbed her hand pulling her towards the stairs all the way to the forbidden third corridor. She opened the door to where Fluffy was. Alexandra approached the Cerberus, smiling. "Hello Snuffles."