Chapter 7

"Grace? Grace!" John exclaimed as he found her in her cot, reading. Grace looked up from her book, seeing Charles in tow of John, giving her a small wave. John stopped, nodding at her slightly. "It's time," he announced. Grace pushed herself to her feet, grabbing her gun belt and buckling it around her waist, picking up her rifle as she followed John and Charles. 

"Good luck! If you ain't back by morning, I'll get a group to come looking," Dutch called out. Grace looked over her shoulder to see Dutch waving to them from his tent, Molly O'Shea beside him. Grace turned her attention back to John and Charles.

"So, what exactly is the plan?" Grace questioned as she swung up into the saddle. Nightfall had just fallen not too many hours ago. John gathered his reins, leading the way out of camp, Grace falling behind him and then Charles as the end. 

"We rob this train, get money. We are going to stop it by using an oil tank," John exclaimed, sounding proud. Grace grimaced in confusion.

"An oil tank?" She questioned. Charles chuckled, causing John to look over his shoulder back at him. John than nodded.

"Yes. You got a better idea ma'am?" John snapped. 

"No, just curious on how you got an oil tank," Grace explained. John sighed after laughing a little. 

"I manage to convince Arthur to do some pretty stupid things," John chuckled. Charles continued to keep to himself, he always seemed quiet but that was respectable. 

"So how did Arthur get it? Where even is he?" Grace continued questioning.

"Miss, you ask a lot of questions," Charles stated. 

"How else? He is waiting for us with the oil tank, he left during the day to keep watch of it, in case someone somehow finds it," John explained. Grace nodded, somewhat less confused now. "When the train driver sees the oil tank, it'll give him enough time to stop. Than everything should run smoothly from there," John continued.

"Let's hope, should expect the unexpected though," Charles added. Grace nodded, agreeing with Charles. 

"I mean, yeah. I guess. Nothing will though," John reminded, staying positive. The rest of the ride, the three stayed quiet. All that could be heard was the hooves and heavy breathing of the horses. We crossed Dewberry Creek, not much of a creek since there is no water. John led Charles and Grace towards where the oil tank was hidden. We halted the horses, Arthur jumping to his feet. I noticed Sean was with him and immediately rolled my eyes. I dismounted, following John and Charles. 

"What are you doing here, kid?" John spat at Sean, immediately marching up to him. Charles and Grace lingered back, not wanting to have any part of this. 

"I'm coming John... on the job," Sean exclaimed happily. 

"I said you weren't coming," John hissed, making it obvious that Sean wasn't mean to be here. Sean grinned cheekily before looking at Arthur.

"Yeah well, Arthur says I am," Sean cheered before climbing up in shotgun of the oil tank driver. "And it's his party, boy, so come on let's go!" Sean exclaimed excitedly, sitting down and making himself comfortable. John looked at Arthur who shrugged at John.

"I didn't know, John," Arthur sighed. John nodded.

"Sure. And this is my party," John snapped up at Sean. Arthur finally noticed Grace standing with Charles causing him to frown immediately.

"What are you doing here?" Arthur snapped at her. Grace stood her ground.

"John said I'm a good shot so I'm here," Grace defused. Arthur shook his head, taking a step closer to her.