Chapter 37

"On a serious note, Grace, do not take money from the box again," Dutch warned in a sincere sort of way. Grace nodded as the group walked back into camp. Grace spotted Abigail hurrying over to John, giving him a grin of relief. Molly stood on the balcony outside of Dutch's room, looking down at them. Grace took her share that Dutch was now handing to her. She shoved it into her pocket.

"I won't do it again," Grace promised. Dutch nodded as he moved over to the others in the group to give them their share. Grace parted away, heading into the camp area.

"Grace!" Sadie called out from back by the group. Grace stopped, turning around to be welcomed by the woman grinning happily. "Thank you, for letting Dutch take me with you. I needed to get out, clear my mind from everything," Sadie thanked giving Grace a nod.

"It's fine, I needed a gun I could trust," Grace explained, giving Sadie a small smile. Sadie nodded, placing a hand on Grace's shoulder.

"Well, you've always got a gun now," Sadie grinned, tapping her shoulder a few times before removing her hand. "I haven't had the chance to talk to Arthur about our conversation we had the other night... about you two helping me when-"

"I know what you're talking about," Grace cut her off, saving Sadie the effort of reminding Grace of something she already couldn't forget. Grace hated the O'Driscolls but Sadie hated them more. Grace couldn't imagine being in Sadie's situation, watching them kill the man she loved the most. "I can talk to him, save you from the grief a little," Grace offered. Sadie's eyes watered at the thought of the O'Driscolls before she quickly grabbed a hold of herself, giving Grace a nod.

"Thank you, that would be great," Sadie agreed. Grace caught glimpse of Abigail and Hosea approaching her and Sadie.

"I need to speak to them but I'll talk to Arthur for you," Grace promised. Sadie nodded, excusing herself and giving Hosea and Abigail a grin as they joined them. Sadie walked away and Hosea and Abigail stood in her place. 

"So it went well," Hosea began. Grace grinned, giving him a nod.

"Yes, could've gone smoother but no one got hurt well other then Tavish," Grace chuckled to herself. Hosea chuckled, Abigail rolling her eyes.

"You're exactly like them all!" Abigail chuckled, motioning to the men who were all by the campfire. "But, Hosea and I have a plan." Grace arched an eyebrow, the mentioning of a plan intrigued her.

"Dutch seems interested in hitting the big Saint Denis bank after Bronte ripped us off," Hosea began. Abigail hands fell in front of her, clamping together as she smirked. "but if we want this to go well, a lot of planning will be involved. Abigail will be helping me, she has always been a good thief," Hosea looked at Abigail, giving her a grin. Grace grinned at Abigail, feeling proud of her to get back into the robberies. "Abigail will be riding into Saint Denis as often as she can to scan out the town, I want her to not go alone though. Big cities can be trouble," Hosea explained.

"You want me to go with her?" Grace asked, guessing that's what the conversation was leading to. Hosea nodded.

"Yes, there will be others riding in to help also but I need at least one who is good with a gun, in case trouble happens with Bronte's men or the Pinkertons somehow know we're here," Hosea continued.

"I can handle a gun fine, Hosea," Abigail reminded. Grace didn't doubt Abigail at all, she has seen her in the past but she knew it was better to be safe then sorry. 

"I know Abigail but for the boy's sake, it's better to be protected," Hosea reminded, bringing Jack into the conversation. Abigail nodded, agreeing with Hosea. Hosea turned back to Grace. "I'm telling everyone what I'm up to and we are working together but not going in all at once. Abigail will come get you whenever she is going in. I would send John with her but he is pretty busy with the Bronte drama," Hosea informed. Grace nodded, she knew John wanted to be by Dutch's side whenever they make a move on Bronte and she couldn't blame him.