Chapter 16

"Ah, Miss Peters," Grace hears the snake like voice call out to her. Grace dismounts at the camp with Arthur, the two of them hitching their horses.

"Have fun," Arthur muttered to Grace as Micah approached them. His snake eyes stuck of Arthur as Arthur walked away, a look of hatred in his eyes. Micah turned his attention back to Grace.

"How did your horse robbery go?" Micah asked. His attempt of trying to sound interested was slack.

"What do you want, Micah?" Grace questioned with a sigh. Micah chuckled lightly, finding Grace humorous.

"You've always been one of jokes, ain't you?" Micah stated. Grace shifted her weight from one leg to the other, growing sick of Micah's company. "You've always been interestin' to me."

"What are you getting at?" Grace snapped, growing agitated. Micah took a step towards Grace, Grace holding her breath slightly. Micah's eyes looked her up and down, causing Grace to feel sick. 

"You ain't like the others. You're a real woman," Micah kept his voice low. Grace glared at him. "You can handle yourself, Miss. That makes me feel something," Micah continued. Grace froze as she felt Micah's hand grip her hand. Grace's jaw tightened as she stared at him before with her free hand she slapped him across the face. Micah chuckled as he let go, rubbing the side of his face that was red. "Hard to get, aye?" Micah hissed. Grace marched away, leaving him. The blonde man chuckled to himself before slipping away to somewhere, Grace couldn't care to where he was off to. Grace walked around to the back of Dutch's tent, halfing her share and putting half into the box. Grace closed the box and turned, jumping as Molly stood next to her.

"Jesus, Molly!" Grace gasped, calming herself. Molly stood with Grace, her small pocket mirror in her hand by her side.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to frighten ya," Molly's strong Irish accent apologised.

"It's fine. Is something wrong?" Grace questioned, noticing Molly had a look of concern on her face. Molly looked hesitate to speak before she finally gave in.

"It's Dutch. He just don't seem to want me around anymore," Molly explained, sounding upset. Grace sighed, resting a hand on the barrel the box was on. "I love him, I do. But he... am I doing something wrong?" Molly continued quickly, trying to keep Grace interested. 

"What do you mean?" Grace asked, wanting Molly to evaluate more on how she could possibly be doing something wrong. 

"Well... he just seems more interested in Miss Gaskill. He knows I love him but why... why is he doing this to me?" Molly explained further. Grace shook her head, removing her hand from the barrel.

"I'm sorry but I'm not the one to talk to about love," Grace explained, trying to sound as nice as possible. Molly frowned slightly.

"What do you mean?" Molly question. Grace, growing confused placed her hands on her hips as she looked at the red-haired lady.

"What do you mean?" Grace questioned. Molly's face reddened slightly, growing flustered.

"Well... I thought you and Arthur..."

"Are you serious?"

"Yeah. I thought you two had something goin' on! You are always with him, a lot more lately than usual. I saw him leave your tent the other night so I just assumed-"

"Look, nothing is happening with Arthur and I," Grace assured. Molly stood their quietly, not knowing what else to say since she had made things awkward. "Go talk to Abigail, she'll know more than me," Grace insisted. Molly nodded before hesitating, not wanting to leave Grace.