Chapter 57

"You can't keep me here forever," She grunted as she woke up. Micah had knocked her out so she wouldn't know where he was taking her. Micah chuckled cruely from where he sat at a table, slamming the blade of his knife into the table before turning to look at her. Grace pulled at the cuffs but they were attached to a chain wrapped around one of the table's legs. 

"Great. You're awake," he hissed sarcastically. She watched as he moved out of his chair before approaching her slowly. "I'll keep you here for as long as need be."

"Who said I was going to tell anybody?" She retorted back at him. He knelt down in front of her, staring at her.

"I know you just as well as anybody. You're loyal, too loyal. That's what makes me think you'd tell Dutch what you saw," Micah explained. Grace shook her head at him.

"Wouldn't you think I'd told him by now if I'm loyal?" She challenged. Grace looked around, observing her surroundings. It was a small house with a few separate rooms telling by the amount of doors. She knew for sure she was nowhere near Beaver Hollow, Micah wouldn't want to risk Arthur or someone finding her. The house was ageing but cared for, meaning someone was probably living here. She held her wrists up to him, showing him her handcuffs. "You must be afraid of me."

"I ain't afraid of you," Micah spat, springing back up to his feet quickly. "I'm afraid of your mouth," He corrected with a shake of a finger. "I'm giving you a chance to live, be grateful. However if you continue to piss me off I'll kill you."

"I'm sure you would," Grace scoffed, shaking her head at him. Micah wasn't enough of a man to kill anyone while they were looking him in the eye. He normally shot them in the back like a coward. Grace remembered that night the Pinkertons invaded Lakay and Micah stabbed the dying Pinkerton agent in the back. He is a coward. "Where are the residents of this fine establishment?" She asked sarcastically. It was no five star treatment which wasn't expected from someone like Micah but it could've been worse.

"I payed the boy and his father to leave," Micah answered. "Gave them a fair bit of money, told them to come back in a few months. Figured you'd be dead by then."

"Who made you the reaper?" Grace spat at him. Micah chuckled at her, motioning to his guns on his hips.

"Well since I'm the one with the guns and your the one tied up, I'd say it's pretty obvious," Micah pointed out. Grace rolled her eyes as he continued to laugh at his power once again. Micah turned back to the table, collecting his hat and placing it on top of his head. 

"Where are you going?" She demanded as he began to walk out of the room without a word. He stopped, looking over his shoulder at her.

"Back to the gang, don't want to raise any suspicions don't we?" Micah arched an eyebrow at her. She stared him down with pure hatred before tugging at the table leg. 

"They'll know somethings wrong when I don't return!" She hissed at him which he silenced her with a shake of his head.

"It'll be easy to convince Dutch you most likely left, after all you want out anyway," Micah reminded. Grace all of a sudden wished she never told Dutch about wanting to leave the gang because with how deep Micah was in bed with Dutch now, she knew Dutch would believe anything the son of a bitch told him. 

"You're sick," Grace spat at him as she refused to keep pulling at the chain. Micah chuckled before his footsteps were heard and the door locked behind him. She heard his horse gallop away, the thundering of the horse's hooves fading as he rode further away. Grace's eyes immediately darted around, hoping for anything that could help her. She looked above her head, tilting her head back to see a window above her on the wall she leant on. Grace managed to get the her feet, shimmering the chain up the table leg high enough for her to peek out the window. She saw lots of trees and red dirt. In the distance she could see a large amount of water, what looked to be the Lancache River.