Chapter 44

Days passed since Grace's announcement to the gang. Some took it harder than others yet they all respected her decision. That didn't matter now, all that mattered to Grace was getting everyone out of here even it was the last thing she does.
She puffed on her cigarette as she watched Dutch and Hosea discussing the plan over and over, Hosea repeating to Dutch too many times that this was not going to go wrong. Grace agreed, there was no way this could go wrong. Grace's attention turned to the archway in the wall, Arthur appearing. He walked over to Dutch and Hosea, joining them at the table with Hosea's map. 

"Gentlemen," he greeted. He could smell Grace's cigarette smoke which caught his attention. He smiled at Grace before Hosea continued.

"Look, the bank... Karen, Till, Abigail, I sent them all. They all the same thing. There's no more than one armed guard," Hosea insisted. His finger darted towards the map, Arthur moving over to see. "And the police... it's a city, there are police, but as far as we can tell the patrols will all be going this way," Hosea informed as a finger followed a road. He looked up, waving Grace over. Grace pushed herself off of the wall, making her way over. "When Abigail, Grace and I cause the diversion and that's the opportunity."

"What do you think Arthur?" Dutch sighed as he slouched back in his seat. 

"Well, I don't see we have a lot of choice. We linger around here we know we're dead," Arthur reminded. Dutch and Hosea nodded at him. 

"But the plan?" Dutch asked, sitting forward in his chair again.

"We got a decent bunch. We know how to fight. Those city cops, they don't seem so tough. As long as we move fast, I reckon doing it in the day, with a distraction," Arthur suggested. Arthur looked over at Hosea, motioning to him. "If that's what Hosea is saying? It's as good a plan as any." Hosea nodded at Arthur, agreeing with him.

"I, I think I agree," Dutch agreed before Hosea quickly jumped in, grabbing his attention. 

"And we do it at night, there's the drama of just getting into the bank. Can't do that silently," Hosea pointed out. Grace nodded with him, he made a point. It would be stupid to go in at night. "They'll pick us off far easier."

"I know, I'm... I'm just making sure," Dutch held up his hands.

"Every plan is a good plan if we execute it properly. Every problem we had was because we did not," Hosea debated, looking at them all one by one. "Execute... properly," Hosea continued, staring down Dutch. "Even Blackwater from my understanding."

The silence was deafening as Dutch carefully thought out everything Hosea was saying to him. Grace felt relief when Dutch finally gave a small nod.

"You're right." Dutch agreed before pushing himself out of his seat. Dutch looked at them all before finally speaking. "Let's rob this bastard." 

Grace nodded as Dutch walked around the table before looking over his shoulder at them all. "Everyone, get some rest. We ride out in the morning. Look smart, travel light." He reminded before disappearing out of the room. Hosea was caught off guard when Hosea turned to her immediately.

"Sorry I didn't put it past you about riding with Abigail and I," Hosea apologised. Grace shook her head at him, ensuring him there was no need to apologise. "We need to keep her safe, no matter what. For Jack's sake," Hosea lowered his voice. Grace nodded, that boy needed his mother more than anything. 

"Of course," Grace agreed before Hosea hurried off through the side doors. Arthur was waiting for Grace. She turned to him, grinning at him as she approached him. "You ready?" She asked. Arthur nodded, wrapping his arms around her waist.

"You sure you don't want to leave with us?" He asked for the hundredth time. Grace nodded, resting her forehead against his chest.

"I'm sure. I'm glad you understand," Grace huffed. She felt one of Arthur's hands move away from her before she felt him touch her chin. She lifted her head up to meet his lips. The two of them kissed passionately before she reached for one of his hands, taking it as she pulled away to lead him up the stairs.