Chapter 51

Under the same tree Grace sat the other day after telling Dutch she let Molly go, she sat there again this time a lot happier. Over the past few days Dutch seemed to forgive her which she was grateful for, she knew he would come around. Micah however was a different story. Micah had been pestering everyone more than usual, picking arguments with everyone for no reason. Grace was ready to kill him in his sleep but the thing is he never sleeps, she can't remember the last time she has ever seen him sleep. Either way, she is ready to kill him. She doesn't care who sees it when it does happen.
She peered up from her novel to see Micah hurrying out of the camp without a word. Grace frowned as she watched him mount his horse, Baylock before turning him down the path. 

"Dutch," Grace called out, turning her head towards the table Dutch was sitting at with Javier and Arthur. The three of them looked at her as she tilted her head towards Micah. "Where's he off to?"

"He has errands to run in Saint Denis," Dutch answered before turning back to converse with Arthur and Javier. She noticed Arthur's eyes catch her moving as she got up to her feet, leaving her novel where she sat. Grace began to walk towards Kaya ready to catch him. She knew Micah had no errands to run, it's the same excuse he has been using for the past few days now. The excuse was going to arouse suspicion which hers had aroused. She knew exactly where he was going if Molly is correct. She mounted Kaya, quickly muttering to the horse as she turned the magnificent creature down the path, moving into a determined gallop immediately. She needed to keep up with him but keep her distance. Once Grace reached the main road, she looked around for any signs of Micah. He was nowhere but the fresh set of hoof prints and horse dung further up the road said otherwise. Grace smirked before galloping in the direction of the fresh prints that were leading to exactly where she expected, Saint Denis. 

-

Grace kept her distance as she trailed Micah as he rode through Saint Denis. Grace had left Kaya near where they entered not wanting him to notice the horse. She followed on foot, keeping close to the buildings. He was going exactly where Molly saw him. She followed him as he wove through the slums of the industrial city before finally arriving at Doyle's Tavern. Grace held back across the street as she watched him dismount and hitch Baylock. She watched as he walked through the doorway into the Tavern, the doors were left open as usual for business hours. Grace crept across the street, making sure she was out of view from the doorway. Her back hit the cold wall as she stuck to the wall before creeping towards the doorway, wiggling closer to get in hearing range.

"Mr. Bell, it's good to see you again," The haunting voice of Milton greeted the rat. Grace wanted to scream with rage at the sound of his voice, wanting to march in guns blazing already.

"Likewise, gentlemen," Micah snickered. Grace peeked around the doorway, keeping out of view as much as possible. Molly was correct, there at the bar was Micah, Agent Milton and Agent Ross. Grace growled quietly to herself as she continued to watch.

"Can you tell us anything yet?" Milton asked, buying Micah a drink. Micah shook his head at him before Milton held the drink away from him, refusing to hand it over. Micah shifted his weight from one foot to the other. "Why? The sooner you say something, the sooner you'll be rich."

"Not until you get me the money we lost in Blackwater," Micah hissed. Milton gave in, sliding him the beer bottle. Grace slammed a hand up against the wall on the outside, being brick it wouldn't have been heard by them. She should've known he would do anything for that money, he had been bugging Dutch about it ever since Dutch hid it. 

"We can't get it until you find out where Dutch hid it," Milton reminded. Micah chuckled as he threw his head back as he consumed the liquor. 

"I'm working on it," Micah informed with a sigh. "I think I've almost got it out of him."