Chapter 38

"I saw you and Dutch at Jack's party," Molly's voice sneered. Grace attempted to ignore the fiery red head that stood before her. "Don't play coy with me," she continued. Grace shut her novel Mary-Beth had lent her, looking up at the angry woman. Her fringe that escaped from her side braid flicked to the side as she shook her head, her fringe falling perfectly to the side. "He has a thing for you, just like Miss Gaskill."

"Molly, I can't be bothered with this," Grace sighed, placing her book in her lap as she looked up at Molly. "I don't have any interest in Dutch, he is all yours."

"Except he don't want me!" Molly spat. Her finger darted towards Grace, her eyes narrowing into a harsh glare. "He wants you. A manly woman, not one of worth like me."

"Excuse me?" Grace questioned, tilting her head in disgust at Molly. "Maybe if you provided for the camp like the rest of us, his opinion of you would change. Molly, you're a sweet lady but you're losing it."

"I'm losing it?" She laughed, almost shouting. Grace looked past Molly towards the fountain to see a crowd building. She spotted Charles and John onlooking with Micah, the three of them watching the argument outbreak. "You all are talking about me! How am I losing it? What happened to being a family? Such as family!"

"Damnit, Molly," Grace sighed as she stood up from the wooden chair, placing the book down on the chair she was sitting on. "Why can't you just let me have one moment of peace?" She muttered.

"Look at you, prowling around like all mighty! You think you're all tough because you dress in man's clothes and carry a gun," Molly hissed, taking a step closer to her. Grace tensed up, her breath hitching as she held back her anger.

"Molly, drop it!" Sadie shouted as she stood to the left. Molly looked over at Sadie before back at Grace.

"At least she knows her place unlike you," Molly spat. Grace chuckled before biting her lower lip, attempting to hide her anger. Without thinking, Grace's hand was wrapped around Molly's neck, spinning her around to the wall and holding her up against the wall. Molly gasped in alarm, fear jumping out of her eyes.

"Belittle me again, bitch, and I'll kill you myself. I'll suffer the consequences," Grace warned. Molly gasped for air, Grace heard Charles call out to her, warning her to stop. Grace stared down into Molly's eyes before dropping her grip, letting go of her. Molly's hand reached for her throat, rubbing it. "Molly, I'm going to tell you this once. Dutch don't love you and you're not cut out for this. You should go back home to your family," Grace's voice softened. Molly looked at her, her eyes watering. Grace didn't say anything else before turning away and leaving Molly. Micah was chuckling while he stood with Charles and John, both of them giving Grace the look. "What? She needs to learn," Grace sighed as she joined them. 

"But is that really the way?" Charles questioned, looking past her to see Molly rush back inside. 

"She has been getting in my face for a while now, it's about time she learns," Grace argued. Charles sighed, shaking his head slightly.

"Well, while you put on a good show," Micah began, his snake-like eyes staring at Grace. "There's a train leaving Saint Denis soon, figured we go park up somewhere and wait for it. Ride with us," Micah explained. Grace scoffed, looking at John and Charles in disbelief.

"You want me to ride with him? Why are you two even taking him on a goddamn train robbery? He'll kill everyone," Grace argued. 

"Because it was my idea! Now I can easily take Marion if you don't want to come," Micah interrupted Charles and John from speaking up. 

"Marion?" John questioned, looking confused. Charles chuckled, Grace also confused to whom Marion was. 

"Williamson," Micah explained. "You really believed his name was actually Bill? Bill Williamson? Don't that sound funny? Obviously it's fake."