Chapter 49

AN: Thought I would inform that from this chapter and on, the story line will be slightly different from the game's story line. This is happening since Arthur doesn't have *SPOILER* tuberculosis so the story needs to change a little in order for it to all make sense. I promise that it will still be interesting and that most missions from Chapter 6 in the game will still be included. With that being said, enjoy! ♡ 

"Everyone! I'm back!" Charles announced as he rode back into the small camp. Grace looked up from behind a wagon, finishing stacking a box of Pearson's cooking equipment. 

"Charles," Dutch greeted, walking past the wagon Grace was at. Grace moved away from the wagon, catching up to Dutch to join Charles. "How was it?"

"It'll do. Are we ready?" Charles asked, looking past Dutch and Grace at all the wagons. Dutch nodded, looking over his shoulder for a second before looking back at Charles. 

"I think so, I'll check with Ms. Grimshaw," Dutch nodded at him before turning to Grace. "Can I ask you a favour?" He asked as Charles dismissed himself from them to check the horses that were tethered. Grace nodded, proposing Dutch to continue. "It's Ms. O'Shea, Uncle informed me that she is in Saint Denis, possibly at the brothel. Could you collect her please?" He asked. Grace sighed, wanting to say no. Molly hadn't been seen in days, she hadn't said a word to anyone since they moved to Lakay. "Grace, please. I know you two have been ar-"

"I'll do it," Grace cut him off. Dutch gave her a small nod followed with a weak smile. 

"Thank you. The new camp is up past Butcher's Creek in Roanoke Ridge, a place called Beaver Hollow. You'll find it," Dutch ensured. Grace nodded as Dutch departed, heading off to check that things were ready to go with Susan.

"Charles," Grace called out to him, seeing him still checking the horses. Charles looked over at her, hearing his name being called. "Where's Arthur?" 

"Taking a poor girl back to her family. Murfree brothers had her, he'll be okay," Charles informed. Grace nodded at him, thanking him for letting her know. Charles turned back to the horse, tightening one of the straps. Grace hurried off in the direction where she had hitched Kaya to one of the trees. The horse looked over in Grace's direction as she saw her approaching. Grace pulled the reins from the branch and chucked them over the horse's neck before mounting. 

"Let's go find Ms. O'Shae," She muttered as she spun the horse away from camp and galloping down the path that led into and out of Lakay. The two ran out of the camp, not going to miss Lakay one bit. 

-

Grace pushed open the luxurious doors that opened up to the smell of rich wines and beverages. However with the welcoming decor and wealth, the place had a bad past with Grace. She knew the bartender was going to recognise her so she needed to keep him calm and somehow persuade him that she meant no harm, she could not risk him getting the law in here. Calmly, Grace approached the bar, the bartender too busy to notice her arrival. She waited patiently, leaning on the bar with her elbows while he was busy with two men. Grace felt unwanted eyes on her back, she knew she dressed differently to everyone in here but to gawk about it was rude. Grace however, managed to ignore the attention and kept to herself. Eventually the bartender approached her, moving down the bar to greet her. 

"Ma'am, what can I get you..." His voice trailed off when he looked at her face. His eyebrows dug down as he stared her down like a piece of scum. "What do you want?" He hissed. 

"Relax, please," Grace begged quietly as she slipped a bill over the bartender to pay his silence. The bartender looked at the bill before looking back up at her, not accepting the bill.