Chapter 36

"Dutch, I trust you'll be the one making the calls," Grace nodded at him as they all sat on their horses by the white fence bordering Caliga Hall. Dutch nodded, motioning to the horses her and Arthur were leading.

"And you two are all set?" Dutch asked. Grace and Arthur both nodded.

"And you all got your guns ready?" Arthur asked from beside Grace. Grace heard the cocking of guns, grinning at the sound before nodding.

"Okay, well I think we're ready. Tavish should be by the stables so make sure you have eyes set," Grace reminded. "Along with some guards most likely," she added as her and Arthur parted from the group and followed the road, pushing open the gates and riding down. She looked back over her shoulder over the bobbing heads of the four horses that trailed behind to see the group galloping away from the entrance, faces now covered. "Are you okay?" She asked Arthur. He was very off about this take, she didn't blame him. Tavish knows who he is and sure as hell will react. She saw the two guards by the entrance of the buildings, guarding the main house. As they neared, one guard held a hand up, signalling them to stop. Grace and Arthur both halted, obeying the orders.

"Annabelle Relinding. I have an appointment with Mister Tavish Gray, I have the letter if you do not believe me," Grace informed, reaching into her coat pocket. As she was about to tug out the letter, he shook his head at her. 

"No need, Ma'am, we know. You may ride around to the back, he is waiting for you," the guard answered, the other guard lowering his gun slightly to show no threat. Grace grinned, removing her hand from her pocket and mouthing a thank you to the men before her and Arthur continued on the path that led around to the back.

"Annabelle Relinding?" Arthur scoffed, an eyebrow raised.

"Shut up, it was the only thing I could think of," Grace sighed. The name seemed shady to her but she was glad that Tavish had been fooled by the advertisement. "Now, just stay calm. He will sure as shit recognise you and then immediately know that there is no way I am actually Annabelle."

"And how do you think we will get out without getting shot at?" Arthur questioned. Grace rolled her eyes, feeling as if she had to repeat herself over and over again.

"I've got this under control, don't fret," She reminded. Arthur was tense and so was she. In fact, she was scared. She didn't know how this would go but she kept trying to convince herself they would be fine. The stable came into view, Tavish was seen outside the stable talking to a man. He had a gun, obviously a guard. The place was full of guards, she hadn't known how many they passed already.

"This is giving me some memories," Arthur muttered. Grace's heart pained with grief remembering that Arthur and Sean had come here to burn the fields. The fields still were damaged from the fire, it would take a while to grow the tobacco back. 

"Miss Relinding, it is a pleasure to finally meet!" Tavish Gray called out, dismissing the guard with a flick of his hand. The guard walked away a few steps before watching the meeting, he must have been ordered to stay close. Grace smiled at Tavish, dismounting her horse before passing the two ropes of the horses she led to Arthur. She walked over to Tavish, shaking his hand politely. 

"Mister Gray, I have heard many things about you. Good things, of course," Grace chuckled. Tavish nodded, looking her up and down. 

"I assumed from your name you must have been a lady of leisure, I am terribly sorry for being mistaken," Tavish commented on her appearance. Grace gave a fake grin, trying not to feel offended by his comment.

"Well, I catch and break these horses myself. I live on a horse ranch after all," she responded, holding her hands in front of her. Tavish gave a slow nod, his eyes flicking to the horses behind her. She stood aside, moving out of his way to not block his view. "I imagine these are just as you expected, if not better."