26

I woke up the next day in the hospital. I felt better than yesterday. I looked at my phone but it wss dead. I saw my mother walk in with some soup.

She placed it on this tray and gave it to me. I took a sip from it.

"Honey, how are you feeling?" She asked.

"Good mom, i only got beat up. That's all." I said.

"I know, but still, bruises stings, and you know i work here." She said.

She pushed my hair back.

"Jinnie, you know, I told the front ladies to say that you were going to be here for 2 days due to stitches. I did that so nobody can visit you." She said.

I looked up to her.

"Thanks mom." I said.

"Jeez, that boy that hurted you, i should've never let him in! I should've closed the door on him if i known he was going to hurt you." She said.

"It's okay mom, it's not your fault." I said.

She stared at me as i drank my soup.

"So, are you planning going to Harvard?" She asked happily.

"I...I'm thinking about it..." i said.

It went silent for a couple of seconds, finally she sighed.

"There's someone who wants to see you, however, it's a old friend." She smiled while showing me her message and destination.

"Since you're good to go, you can go anywhere today. I'll give you the money to do so." She said while handing me 134,000 won.

"Here honey, i got to go back to work. Theres a patient that needs help."

I took it from her hands. she kissed my cheek and said her good byes. I got up and grabbed my phone. It was still dead. I sighed and got up and put my shoes on.

I noticed i was wearing sweat pants.

I started to walk out of the building, getting greets from my mother's coworkers.

I finally began walking around. First, i wanted to go to that place my mother said to go to. It was because of one of my old friends.

I walked along the shopping street, i noticed that the place she wanted me to go was a cafe. I entered and saw a man in black hair, he wore a white collar with black dress pants. Finally my eyes made out who he was....

I couldn't believe it....

"Eunwoo?" I called out. He looked up from his coffee.

"Jin hyung..." he said.

I smiled, he got up and greeted me with a hug.

"Sorry if i smell weird, i just got out of the hospital" i said. He giggled.

"No, it's fine, i just wanted to make sure you were alright." He said.

"How did you know i was in danger?" I asked.

"You were on the news." He said.

"So i was concern." He smirked.

Cha Eunwoo.... he was my protector in middle school, when i was bullied, because he was older than the other kids, he would scare them off. He was my best friend during that time. He pursued a dream in acting, we use to be in theatre together.

"Here, i got you this!" He said while pulling out a tiny box.

I opened it and found two golden dragon fly earrings.

"Ooo! I love them!" I said.

"I'm glad, they were very expensive." He chuckled.

Eunwoo and I spent the next 3 hours together catching up on our lives. He said he started dating this one girl and goes to Astro college with her and their friends. He said he's planning on proposing to her soon. Maybe after they graduate their 3rd year of college.

I felt happy for him. Of course, i told him about my school and Harvard. He was surprised and happy for me. He encouraged me to go if i wanted a good education. I was average at english but i could improve is what he said. I smiled. Of course I told him about Yoongi. He felt bad that i had to go through a break up.

Eunwoo had to go because his girlfriend was calling him. We said our good byes and hugged it out. I watched him get into his car and drive off.

I walked home that evening to my house. I saw that the broken window that Yoongi shattered was replaced and fixed.

I opened the door and locked it behind me. I went upstairs and looked around in the halls, there was no sight of the necklace...

Probably the cops took it as a clue..  whatever...

I looked through my drawers and saw the papers.

Harvard University application.

Call this number

I dialed the number in my house phone because my phone was dead.

"Hello?" It was Ms. Kyunghee...

The women who talked to me at school.

"Yes, this is Kim Seokjin, the student you came for in South Korea." I said.

"Ahhh, Seokjin. I'm glad, are you applying?!" She cheerful asked. I smirked.

"Yes, i want to go to Harvard University." I said without hesitation.

"Alright, I'll set up a plane ticket for you, what day?" She asked.

"I would like to go tomorrow" I said.

"Tomorrow? Are you sure? What about your family and boyfriend?" She asked. I froze.

"They agreed that i could go, im saying my goodbyes tonight." I said.

"Ah, okay. I'll see if i can set up flight time for you. However, it may be in another day or two."

"Okay." I said.

"I'll text you when I set the time. Sounds good?"

"Sounds good! Thank you!" I said smiling.

---

That night, i packed up all my things in a luggage. I was ready to leave this hell.

It was already late at night and I was tired and lonely. I laid on my bed, staring at the ceiling. Some clothes that i didn't pack were on my dresser and the floor. I decided to take a shower. After that, i put on my black sweater with black sweats and laid down on my bed and flicked on the TV to a random channel.

I suddenly heard my door bell ring.