Brahms Heelshire (one shot)

I was a gardener. That was it, plain and simple. I knew about Brahms and I knew Greta left because she discovered him. So now my job has changed. I couldn't let him starve alone and uncared for. I would tend outside and make food for him, leaving it and going to the gardening house where I lived, just a bit down the road. Brahms knew me and knew I was here but we never spoke.

Today I was tending outside and it was a hot and sticky summer. I was tending to the rose bushes. Before she left, Mrs. Heelshire told me how Brahms loved him. I always took best care of them. I was trying to reach the branches to cut and pulled the small saw up, seeing a figure staring at me from the window. I was caught off guard and pulled the saw down from losing my balance. I felt a sharp pain in my forearm and looked back to see blood running down it. I tried to hold pressure on it but it was running rapidly. I felt hands on my arm and someone trying to help me inside. I looked up to Brahms, guiding me inside. He sat me at the kitchen table and grabbed a box. He pulled out supplies, I assumed he knew first aide as he moved quickly.

He inspected my arm before pulling a light green spray out. He looked me in the eyes and mumbled an apology before spraying my arm. I shrieked and tried to pull it away. He held my arm with a tight grip. "I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry." He said quickly. He wiped it off to see the deep gash. He pulled a sterile needle from the box and wire thread. I gulped and looked away trying now to pay attention as he stitched my arm together. Finally he bandaged it and reached down, lifting his mask and kissing the new bandages. "I'm sorry." He said again, this time clearly. His English tone was thick. I nodded and swallowed, "Thank you Master Brahms." I said remembering I worked for him. "Just Brahms." He said, meeting my eyes again. I nodded, "I better go finish." I said, standing. "No. I'll help." He said, walking ahead of me and finished the garden. I watched him as he finished the garden for me. He plucked a red rose from the bush and shaved off the thorns, sticking it behind my ear. He smiled softly under his mask.