Beetlejuice Oneshot

Who's ready for some fluffy Beej

It was an accident. You fell asleep while the stove was on and your house was burnt pretty much through and through. You could still walk through it but there was little that could be done to ever make it look like a normal house again. You were crying and looking around trying to find someone to help you. 

Everyone must have known it was your fault because no one was talking to you. No one even acknowledged you. You didn't seem to have been affected by the smoke or fire in any way, you were the only one home at the time of the accident but all you remember was opening your eyes and being outside. You don't remember leaving the house or being carried out or even being checked over by some of the EMT's on scene. 

You turned to a fire fighter and began to ask him a question when he turned around and walked through you. You felt it. He didn't walk around you, he didn't bump into you, he walked through you. You started crying harder coming to the conclusion maybe all of this was a really bad dream. You walked back inside and sat in the attic watching everyone move around outside.

The house smelt like a bonfire and there was still steam coming from the cracks in the floorboards but you didn't feel hot. "Hard time?" you heard from behind you. You smiled, whipping around to see a man. He had on a striped blazer and pants and strange wild green hair. He seemed out of it. "Who are you?" you asked. "Well I can't tell you but I promise I'm who you need to be talking to right now." he said walking over to you and sitting beside you. 

He handed you a book and you took it, looking over the front cover. "Handbook for the recently deceased.." you said inquizitively. "No, no I'm not dead." you said. He didn't respond but he gave you a sympathetic glance. "No. No no no.." you muttered to yourself and began pinching at your arms and smacking your face lightly. "No this is all just a bad dream." you said turning hysterical. 

He grabbed your wrists. "y/n look at me. I'm sorry. It was fast I promsie." he said as you turned to him and cried into his suit jacket. "That's why they couldn't see me." you said coming to the realization that that's why you "woke up" outside and why the man walked through you. "So what now?" you asked the man as you began to calm down. "Well, I can teach you a little bit about being dead and I guess, maybe keep you company." he said. 

You nodded as he began to explain little by little and you took it all in. "So what am I suppose to call you?" you asked after remembering that the strange man never told you his name. He gave you another sympathetic smile. "You can call me Lawrence." he said. You smiled and laid your head on his shoulder. "Thank you Lawrence." you said closing your eyes. He nodded and wrapped an arm around you. "Anytime babes."