Contest Winner Oneshot

You walked through the woods. The dark had began to settle and as you tried to find your way back to camp it became more and more confusing. You thought you were going the right way but the further and further you walked the more lost you seemed to get. 

Your nerves weren't as rattled as they probably should be, that was until you lost your glasses. A flock of birds flew out from behind you, causing you to spin and your glasses to fly off. This resulted in not being able to see anything and rendering you blind to your surroundings. 

You didn't have time to try to stop and look for them, with the increasing night making it less likely you'd make it back to camp if you tried to wonder around in the dark. You began walking toward a tree stump that seemed to be cut off about seven feet up. That was a strange place to hack off a tree, you thought as you continued to walk towards it. 

Something moved around the base of the tree. It almost looked like.. a hand? You stopped in your tracks. Trees don't have hands... which meant that was definitely no tree. Whatever or whoever it was began to move towards you at a faster pace than you had anticipated. You turned and tried to run but due to your lack of vision, fell over something hard in the ground. You balled yourself up, which was easy due to your small size.

The man approached you, towering over you. He reached out a hand which after a few seconds you realized didn't have a weapon in it. You took his hand and he helped you up. He slid your blocky glasses into your hand and you put them on with a smile. "Thank you very much." you said. He grunted in response. You smiled up at him. If he was planning on hurting you he would have done it by now. 

"I guess I looked kind of strange, wondering around huh?" you asked the man. He nodded his head and grunted. "Do you know how to get back to my camp?" you asked, ringing your hands together, hoping he could help you. He nodded his head and took your hand, leading you. You were staying alone which in hindsight probably wasn't the best idea but you enjoyed nature and didn't seem to get startled by much. He led you back to your tent and supplies. 

"Would you like to stay for dinner?" you asked gesturing to your supplies. He seemed hesitant for a second until you motioned for him to sit down on a log nearby. You started a fire and began preparing your meal. He watched you intently and as you served him food you saw something in his eyes. Well, eye. It looked as if he only had one. "Hey do you only have one eye?" you asked bluntly. He seemed taken back and stiffened. "Oh no it's okay, I do too." you said motioning to your prosthetic. He grunted again but this time it seemed more gentle almost appreciative. After you ate he stayed with you and you fell asleep cuddling into him by the fire. 

Hope you liked this, I tried my best!