8- VLive

In the hotel, I'm eating pizza and watching one of my favourite shows, Gilmore Girls.

Laughing and screaming echoes from Tae's room next door, making me shut off the TV and go see what's happening.

I knock on the door, then Jungkook opens it wearing a bandana around his neck. He closes the door behind him and steps out into the hallway with me.

I raise a brow, "What are you guys doing in there?"

"Filming a Vlive. We're playing hide and seek." He says.

"Really? Can I come in?" He doesn't respond and looks at his feet, scratching the back of his neck.

"Well...PD-nim doesn't want you announced to the world yet." He says quietly.

My smile drops, "Oh. Okay."

"Sorry." Then he reenters the room and closes the door right in my face.

I stand there for a second, sadly staring at the door. Then I return into my room.

I slump in a desk chair and go on the Vlive app. I go to their live and watch for a few minutes. They look like they're having the time of their lives, and I'm not allowed to be a part of it.

I close the app. I don't even know what I'm doing before I start doing it.

I grab my jacket and my earbuds. I exit the room and lock the door. I head out of the building and turn on my music and put in my earbuds.

I walk along the streets lit up by street lamps. It's relatively quiet, but there are still a few cars and pedestrians.

My phone gets a notification, making my music quieter. I check who it is. It's Seoyeon.

Seoyeon unnie🦄: Where are you?!?!?!

I close my phone and continue walking.

Messages invade my phone. One from everyone.

Hayoon unnie😇: Where are you you dumb fuk?!

RM✌🏻: You know leaving without notifying me is rude.

Yoongi😎: They're panicking and it's too loud. Come back if you care about my sleep.

Jiyoo unnie🦕: You good? Where you at?!

Jungkookie🐰: Where are you? Are you upset about earlier?

TaeTae👽: Where are you?😢

Jin Eomma🤱🏻: WHERE ARE YOU MISSY?!?!

Jimin🐶: Where are you? I'm worried😢

Hobi🌞: Your sunshine is sadshine☹️

I shut off my phone and stuff it in my pocket. I don't feel like talking to anyone right now. I know I might be overreacting, but that's just the way I am.

I'm not paying that much attention to what I'm doing, so I don't see the giant root sticking up through the sidewalk.

My foot catches and I feel myself falling forward. I squeeze my eyes shut, ready for the impact, but I don't feel it. Instead, I feel a pair of arms wrap around my midsection.

I peek and widen my eyes.

"Ian?!"

His green eyes stare back at my brown ones in shock.

"Jina? Is it you?" He asks. I nod and smile. He smiles as well and engulfs me in a huge hug. He pulls away, "What are you doing here?"