27- Lie

The boys sit me down in their living room, my cheeks still stained with tears. The girls already know what the situation is, so they didn't have to be here.

"So Jina, what's going on?" Jin asks in a gentle motherly tone. "You can tell us."

I sniffle and burry my face in my hands. Why is this so much harder than I expected?

"M-my dad is in town right n-now." My words come out shaky and stuttery.

"What's so bad about that? That's good!" Jimin says, looking happy, buy his tone is showing confusion.

"You don't know my dad like I do!" I cry. "He's a drunk abuser who can't make enough money to save his life. He hated me throughout my entire childhood, treating me like a slave and Jiyeon like a princess."

The boys immediately come to my side to hug me and rub my back as shuddery tears escape my eyes.

"He came to me a week ago for money. I wouldn't give him any because of everything he's done, and now he's trying to gain custody of me!" I sob. "He'll clean out my bank account and pull me from BigHit."

The boys look so sad for me right now. This is exactly why I didn't tell them. They'd be too concerned for me and not for themselves.

"What else has your dad done?" Namjoon asks softly.

I sniffle and choke on a sob. I push my hair out of my face and let out a shuddery breath.

"First, he cheated on my mom. Second, he had abused me during my childhood. Third, he tried to buy my house away from my mom so she could end up on the streets."

Jungkook brings me to his chest as I cry. He rubs circles into my back and sighs. "Is that it? Is that the whole reason why you're upset?"

I sniffle and shake my head. "My sister ratted me out to my dad about a character reference." I say, drying my tears. "He's angry at me now more than before."

"Is there anything we can do for you?" Hobi asks.

I shake my head.

They all sigh. "Do you want to sit out tomorrow's fansign?" Namjoon asks. "I can inform Bang PD-nim."

I shake my head. "I can't let down the fans. Even if they hate me."

My phone chimes, pulling my attention to the device. I open my phone and a tear escapes my eye.

Dad: I need to see you, you ass. I'll be at your place in 5 minutes. Don't stand me up or you'll get what's coming to you.

I shudder and let another tear fall. Now he's scaring me.

"What is it?" Jungkook asks. I pass him my phone and he reads the text, his hand starting to grip my phone with more force. "I'm coming with you."

I widen my eyes. "He'll kill you! I can go alone."

He shakes his head. "No your not."

I sigh. He is not going to say no.

I stand and head for the door, him being right behind me. I bid my goodbyes to the guys and we walk to my house slowly.

My dad's leaning against a car with Heather under his arm.

He glares at me, then widens his eyes at the sight of Jungkook.

"Who is this?" He asks.

"Um, this is Jungkook." I say, backing away from Heather's cold stare.

He stares him down before walking up to him. "Are you seeing my daughter?"