26- Inkigayo

I've never liked someone before.

And here I am.

Sitting next to him on the way to Inkigayo. My first Inkigayo, at that.

Yoongi wanted to sit up front because he was tired, and that the front was more quiet. So I happily gave up my spot for my elder.

I was given his usual spot. In the very back with Jungkook and Jimin. I was sandwiched between the two muscly men, and I have to tell you, it was quite uncomfortable.

I just listened to my music while Jungkook and Jimin made conversation with each other.

It was kind of awkward sitting back here. Sitting next to the guy I liked, and being in the middle of a conversation that clearly doesn't involve me.

Jimin pulls out my earbud, "Hello? Earth to Jina?"

I blink a few times, "What's up?"

"How's Hayoon? I haven't seen her that often." Jimin smiles slightly at the mention of her name.

"Oh! She's good, she's had a bunch of photoshoots for the past week, so she's a bit overwhelmed. She'll be on the cover of a magazine though, so that's good." I smile at her accomplishment.

He smiles proudly, "That's great!"

Silence.

I plug the bud back into my ear. I go onto Webtoon and scroll through a comic I've been reading and do that for the rest of the ride there.

•_•

I examin myself in the vanity mirror as stylists do my hair and makeup. I'm already in my clothes, consisting of a black body suit with bell bottom sleeves. A big belt is tightened around my waist and a pair of black heeled boots are tied to my feet.

The hair stylist pulls my curled hair into a high ponytail as the makeup artists coat my lips in dark magenta matte liquid lipstick and pack pink and gold shimmery eyeshadow onto my eyes. She carefully coats my lashes in mascara and my lid with liner.

"You look beautiful, Ms Han! I think this is some of our best work!" She gushes.

I smile at her and she backs away from me. I presume she's done. The other makeup artist backs away and puts down the tube of lipstick.

I hop off the chair and get my phone. I have a few updates on the whole custody thing from my mom.

Mum💘: Bunny, who do you think would be a good person to write a character reference?

Jina🐼: How about Jiyeon?

Mum💘: I already asked her. She felt bad if she went against your father, so she's a no-go.

Jina🐼: Okay...How about Hayoon unnie? She's known us since I was in kindergarten. She should be a good candidate. I can ask her.

Mum💘: Great! I really appreciate this!

I smile to myself as I close IMessage.

"What are you so happy about?" Jin asks.

I look up with wide eyes. I still haven't told them, if you haven't noticed.

"Oh, um...my mom wants to visit at some point." I lie straight through my teeth.

He smiles, "That's nice." He doesn't seem fazed at all.