42- Pounds

The rest of the date was a bit awkward.

We ended up going to an Italian place, and it was pretty nice, but our atmosphere was tense.

When he took me home, he just hugged me and pecked my cheek. Nothing more.

I should not have said that.

He was totally freaked out, and I could tell. He was sort of avoiding me. I was a bit freaked out as well.

So we sort of did the only thing we could do to feel comfortable. Avoid each other. Even though we had performances up until Christmas Eve, and I even had an appointment to remove my cast.

Right now, I've been home for about an hour after our Christmas special broadcast.

I'm tired and frustrated with myself. I could have done better than that. I know I could have done better than that. I almost fell, too. And I haven't talked to anyone after that.

My stomach growls as I flip through Twitter.

I frown.

I shouldn't be hungry, I'm already overweight. Well, for an idol.

I walk downstairs and head to the kitchen, where Seoyeon unnie and Jiyoo unnie are sitting, discussing Christmas plans.

They both look up at me, "Hey! What's up?"

Is there Aloe Vera water? I thought I bought some yesterday.

"Hello?"

I riffle through the drawers and check behind the other things to find it. Still nothing.

"Earth to Jina?"

Did someone take it? I swear to god, if that's the case, they owe me 10 bucks. Aloe Vera waters pretty expensive. If I find out it's one of the guys, I'm ripping their hair out—

"HEY!" I jump and scream as Jiyoo unnie screams in my ear.

I hold a hand to my heart, "What the actual fuck?!"

She looks taken aback. "You don't usually swear, something is wrong."

I frown, "What are you talking about?"

Seoyeon unnie stands up and walks over, "The worse swear word you've ever said is 'Hell'. That's not like you to drop an F-bomb. Are you okay?"

I nod, "I'm fine."

Seoyeon unnie cocks her head and sighs, "Honey, we've talked about this. 'I'm Fine' is code for 'Save Me'." She says. "Now spill the tea."

I work my jaw and purse my lips, "Ask Jungkook." Then I grab a bottle of water and go to my room.

I can hear their conversation from the stairs.

"What did he do this time?" Seoyeon unnie sighs.

"I dunno, but I need to call Hayoonie..." Jiyoo unnie says. I hear the dialing if a number, then I hear the ringing.

"Hello?" Hayoon unnie replies on speaker.

"Hi, we need you here. Now." Jiyoo unnie says. "It's Jina."

I can practically hear the steam rolling out of Hayoon unnie's ears. "What did that stupid rabbit do this time?"

"I dunno! Jina won't tell us!" Seoyeon unnie replies. "But we need you here ASAP."

The second she ends the call, the door bursts open.

"Where is he?" Hayoon unnie steps in, livid.