3

Jens pov

Recently in the past few days, I haven't been to Starbucks. Not because I'm avoiding that Leah girl. But because I'm saving money. A cup from Starbucks a day could actually take up more money than you'd think. Plus sometimes I buy myself a butter croissant or breakfast sandwich. But anyways. I started texting her yesterday. She's actually really nice but has sarcasm that just comes out of her naturally which I don't mind. I really like it because it makes me laugh. Oh, and she asked me out to dinner tonight.

"Are you sure you can watch her tonight?" I ask Vanessa, my bestie. "Yes! Don't worry. I already have the night planned. And if you end up having a slumber party with this new girl let me know. I have a movie night planned already with Veronica if you sleep with the girl." She tells me through the Bluetooth in my car as I'm on my way to pick up Veronica from my moms. "I'm not gonna sleep with her!! This is just dinner as friends. She hasn't even confirmed to me that she's gay but she knows I am and she knows that I know she's been checking me out so.." I said.

"Mhm..okay."

"Stooooop" I said and shook my head. "I'm teasing. Have fun tonight. I'll see you later" she says. "Thank you. Bye" I said. "Byeee" She says and we hang up.

I get to my moms house and get Veronica. Then we went straight home.

"Lemme see your folder mama" I said. She takes it out of her backpack and hands me her folder. It usually shows if they have homework.

"You don't have homework today?" I ask. She shrugs her shoulder and climbs on top of my lap as I'm sitting at the dining table. "You're doing so good in class! I'm so proud of you!" I said noticing her grades.

"Hehehe" she giggles. "Tomorrow I'll treat you for your good work in school."

"Not today?" She pouts. "I have to go somewhere tonight. But Vanessa will watch you tonight and she has a surprise for you"

She pouts and lays her head on my chest. That part makes me sad. She hates when I have to leave her. I mean she loves Vanessa. But she's attached to me like I am to her.

"I promise we'll have fun tomorrow" I said. "Disney?" She asks cutely and looks at me. "..um..maybe" I said but I didn't even think about going there.

She smiles widely and gets off of me then leaves to go to her room. I sighed and put her things away and went to my room to shower and get ready. I get home around 5-6 depending on traffic plus I picked up Veronica. So I have about an hour and a half to get ready before I have to leave and meet Leah for dinner. I'm kind of excited. Kind of nervous. Don't know at all how tonight will turn. But I know for sure I'm not sleeping with her like Vanessa thinks. I don't actually know if she's gay.

Once I arrived to the restaurant, I found her waiting at the waiting chairs on the sides. She looks up at me and stands up and smiles. "Hey" I smile. "Hiii. You look nice" she says noticing my outfit. "Thanks. So do you" I said. "I'll go tell them we're ready" She says and walks past me and tell them. Then she turns around to me and motions her hand telling me to follow her.

We sat at a booth and the waitress placed our menus in front of us then leaves. Right as I was about to look over the menu, my phone lights up and dings. It's a message from Vanessa. So I opened it.

"Veronica told me to text you and say that she misses you and can't wait for Disneyland tomorrow"

"I didn't even say for sure that we are going tomorrow! 🤦🏽‍♀️ but I guess I have to take her"

"You should. She's kind of bummed out that you're not with her on a Friday night"

"Aw. I'm sorry! Just try to make her happy please. Ugh I feel guilty. This is why I don't date."