52

Jens pov

"People make mistakes Lee"

"That's the thing. It's not just a mistake. I feel horrible about it everyday." She says.

"Well what made you want to become a kindergarten teacher? If you don't mind me asking. I wanna know every detail.. I'm here for you. Let it all out. No more secrets" I tell her making sure she felt safe and comfortable.

"Well....it was something I was interested into becoming. A teacher. I knew high school students would be a mess for me, college would be stressful..even because I was just in college for school myself.. but kindergarten..Something that I knew I could handle. Also I wanted to learn for myself as I grew into learning how to deal with kids. I mean I knew how but I just wasn't ready to have my own financially. But this job has helped me a lot financially. I worked so hard to get the degree I got just to be able to do what I do now. I just always wished I had been pregnant when I was financially stable so I could've kept Veronica. But..I find it so fucking crazy that she was in my life this whole time once I got myself together. And you were the one who adopted her..crazy." She says.

"Listen...Lee. I'm so proud of you" I said. She's finally giving me so much information about herself.

"For what? I fucked up really bad"

"No you didn't. You did make a mistake but you got that second chance. She ended up in your life again..coincidently with me. Maybe the universe was telling you to live your life and have a great career before dealing with her again. It wasn't your fault you had no support of Veronica. Luckily I was the one who got to take care of her while you had time to figure yourself out. We could still fix this all. We don't have to start big. It'll take baby steps but if you want that second chance..that chance is right in front of you. I'm proud that you worked hard to become who you are now. Especially because of your past. You did this all independently. Not many can do that! You've had this problem bugging you all your life ever since and now is your chance to fix that"

"So what are you saying I should do to fix it? I'd do anything. I mean I'm close with Veronica already. You know that" she says.

"Yeah..which I'm glad you are. I'm just saying..we for sure can't tell Veronica yet. That's gonna be too much for her. You don't understand how obsessed she is with you. She talks about you all the time and gets excited just to see you at school" I said. Leah was in awe. She sighed and looked away. I pushed her hair behind her ears and cupped her face.

"But let her grow into us..me and you together. I'm not trying to bribe you into being with me again. But I'm trying to help you for all our benefits. You want what's best for her, I want you.."

"And I do want you too.." she says. I smile a bit and scrunch my nose. "So can we do this? Start fresh? Put everything behind and just go on with our lives?"

"I mean..yeah" she says shyly. I smile more and places my arms on her shoulders and tilted my face while looking at her.

"And you thought I'd judge you" I said cutely. She smiles a bit. "I was afraid I'd loose you" She says. I giggle and pulled her face to my chest as I hugged her. I ran my fingers up her head through her hair and softly searched it. Then I pulled away and looked at her for a few seconds. Then I kissed her.

"I won't leave you.." I said softly. I'm hoping things get better. I really hope..

-

Leahs pov

Ever since Jen and I had that talk, I've felt so much better. That's something huge that I finally got out of my chest. Well she got it out. I'm feeling lucky. I don't know how I got this lucky. I got my second chance with not only my daughter but also Jen. I've gotta make it up to her for putting her through all this. Wondering what was up with me and breaking up with her because of my own problems.