12

Jens POV

Last night was fun. I'd love to do it again. I know I intimidated her a lot. I love to tease but she doesn't know I get weak too. I mean the way she kept looking at me last night..whew. To think that I still wanna keep things slow with her when she looks that stunning. I would've slept over but I have Veronica. She's my priority. I cant keep having Veronica hang around wherever. Well I mean it's fine because she's either with Vanessa or my mom. I guess I just feel guilty because Leah doesn't know I have a daughter and my daughter doesn't know I'm dating a lady.

Today I'm picking up Veronica from my moms and taking her to the Anaheim packing district. I wanna have a mommy daughter day.

As I entered my moms house I see her eating her her little fruit snacks.

"Ahem" I clear my throat and Veronica turns my way and jumps off the couch and runs to me. I carry her in my arm and kiss her several times.

"Can I have one?" I ask her. She smiles and I open my mouth then she places a fruit snack in my mouth. "Mmmm yummy!"

"She's obsessed with them. You're going to have to buy a box for your house" my mom says. "Oh alright. I could go pick some up today"

"Great! How was last night?" She asks. "Amazing. Fun. Ya know" I said. She furrows her brows and crosses her arms. "We didn't do it. I told her I want things to slow down. I haven't told her about Veronica still" I pout. "Ugh. Jennifer come on!" "I'm sorry! I'll tell her soon I promise." I said. Veronica has no clue what I'm talking about.

"Okay well good luck telling her now that you guys have been together for more than a month." She says. "Thanks." I said and put Veronica down. "Say bye to grandma then let's go babe" I said. "Bye grandma!" She says happily then she walks out in front of me and I follow along. "Bye mom I love you" i said. "Love you too! Be careful" "we will" I said then closed the door.

"Hey!" I exclaim to Veronica as I see her running towards the car which was across the street since I didn't park on the driveway.

"What?" She stops and asks throwing her hands up. "Don't cross the street without me! You know that" I said. "I was going to stop" "Okay..good" I said and held her hand, looked both ways then crossed. She had my heart drop there for a second.

We later get to the packing district. I wanted to eat at this certain place badly and thankfully they have a delicious kids meal menu because I didn't feel like having a debate on where to eat with her and then end up eating somewhere I don't want to eat at today. She gets what she wants all the time anyways.

"So what did you and grandma do last night?" I asked her who's sitting next to me since we are sitting at a table facing and connected to the wall.
"We played with my fluffy bear and I pretended that I'm the mommy"

"You were the mommy?" I ask.

"Yeah" she says. "Hmm fun! What else did you do? What did you eat last night?"

"Grandma made pizza!"

"Oh yum! Was it good?"

"Sooo yummy" she smiles. I smile back at her and push her hair behind her ear. "That's good mama" I said and kissed her forehead.

"Please stop growing up" I pout. "Why not?" "Because you're so cute!" I squeal. She sticks her lips out and poses all sassy. "Wait stay like that" I said and pulled out my phone and took a picture. "Okay there" I said and she stops posing and leans towards me to look at the picture. I giggle and look at her. "I'm so in love with you" I said. "I love you moooore" "no I do" I said. "No!" She whines. "I do!" I said. "No me!" She says. "Noooo mee!!!" She says. I smile and pinch her cheeks.

Once our food got here we ate right away. I guess both of us were starving. She's a little eater just like me.

"You have my jacket right?" Leah randomly texts me. "Oh yea! I'm sorry I forgot it." I reply and smiled a lot.

"It's fine! I'll get it next time"

"Not gonna lie..that jacket matched my outfit perfectly😂"

"Well you can wear it whenever. I was just making sure I didn't loose it"

"Lol Okay Thank uuu💖"

"😘😘"

I smiled at my phone so much that I looked so dumb. "Whose that Mommy?" Veronica asks me. "Nobody baby" I giggle and lock my phone. But I also remembered that I have to let Veronica know I'm dating as much as I have to tell leah I have a kid. Veronica doesn't exactly know all about relationships. She knows parents are mommies and daddies or a mommy or a daddy. Single parent life like me. She's used to it. But mommy and mommy? I remember a year ago I showed her this kid whose parents were both moms and she didn't seem bothered by it at all..

"Veronica, remember those two mommies of the kid I showed you on my phone from Instagram?" I ask her. "Yeah?" "Hmm.." I pause and think how I wanna say this. Im not scared to tell her I just want to tell her in a way she'll actually understand.

"What do you think about that?" I ask. "Huh?" "I mean like..do you think having two mommies is cool?"

"Yeah"

"You know how that works? When a mommy finds another lady and they fall in love." I said.

Come on Jennifer she just turned 6.

She shrugs her shoulders and continues looking at me. I sighed.

"Okay look..I'm..dating? A woman.." I said. She doesn't even know what dating is. "Like-I-hm..like when-" I pause again. This is going down the drain. "Like when those mommies who fell in love..I'm doing the same..i like this lady..like like her...and I'm talking to a woman..and I think we are falling in love" I said. Me and Leah aren't even in love. That was the only explanation I came up with at the top of my head.

"Oh!" Veronica says. I tilt my head a bit since I'm confused. "You have a girlfriend??" She asks which gets me to a surprise. "She's not my girlfriend yet but..I guess" I said. "Vanessa said you will have a girlfriend" she says cutely. "What??" I said and squinted my eyes. This bitch doesn't know how to keep her mouth closed. And I mean Vanessa not Veronica.

"Mommy has cooties" she laughs and points at me. "I-Okay" I softly giggle. "Finish your food" I tell her trying to change the topic right away. That was so stupid of me. I didn't even know how to tell her. I should've just let it happen and let her find out. But I don't want her to randomly catch me kissing a woman she doesn't know about. So I guess I did do the right thing. Just in a bad explanatory way.