26

Jens pov

The song started playing and I could tell my baby is so nervous. She's barely moving and she just keeps looking around. So I did the mom duty and stood up and walked next to her and started dancing her routine with her. She watches me and smiles as she starts getting loose and dancing along with me. I smiled back and we did the entire dance together. My mom was recording for us thankfully. Everyone was cheering and smiling.

"Yay Veronica!" Someone cheers out. She gets more hyped up and dances all out, impressing me too.

Once the song ended everyone cheered a lot. I looked at Veronica as we smiled at each other. "Bow" I mouthed to her. She nods her head and we both bowed then she runs to my mom as I followed behind. Then she sits on my lap.

"Great job Veronica and..."

"Her mom" I said giving her a side eye.

"Right her mom. Let's give another hand to them" she says.

"Mom" I said to my mom "what?" "Thats my ex" I whispered. "Huh?" "The girl who didn't know I had a daughter till recently!"

"Miss Leah?"

"Yes mom" I whispered louder. Her jaw drops a little but I know she's confused because I know her and Leah are kind of friends since she always sees her when she picks up and drops off Veronica.

After the whole talent show, we were all spread out either outside or inside. Everyone was just around the building talking. Veronica was playing along with her little friends as I was with my mom talking to other parents. But I keep looking past someone seeing that Leah is talking to each group of parents. What if she comes to ours?

"Let's go mom" I said. "Wait I'm having a conversation Jennifer" she says with a tone as if she got mad at me. I sigh and just kept looking at where Leah was time to time. So she's really my daughters teacher?? She's so young to be a teacher isn't she? Well I mean she's smart. She started her whole career early I guess. I never knew where she worked when we dated because it never came up. Why'd I have to find out this way?

"Miss Leah!" Veronica says out loud happily and runs up to her and hugs her. I widen my eyes and look away. I cant forget that my daughter is one of her favorite students. What is this mess?

"Hey sweetie you did so good!" She says to her. "Mommy helped me" she says and they both looked at me. I fake a smile and lean close to my mom.

"She did. You guys did great" Leah says. I press my lips and look down at Veronica.

"My mommy said if I did good we can get ice cream after! Wanna come?!" Veronica said.

"I-uh" I pause and Leah chimes in. "I've gotta clean up after everyone leaves and I have other things to do honey but maybe next time Alright?" She says sweetly to her. "Okay" my daughter smiles at her and then runs to me. I carry her and looked at Leah.

"Thank you" i said in a friendly way. She just softly smiles then looks at my mom and talks to her. But I can't keep my eyes off of Leah not matter how hard I try because I'm still attracted to her. I had sex with her. It's just that I was recovering to get over her by never seeing her again..but that won't work. She's my daughters teacher?

"So you were Jennifer's girlfriend??" My mom says. She has no chill. I planted my hand on my face and looked away.

"Yeah.." Leah says. "Who would've thought that my granddaughters favorite teacher would be dating my daughter" my mom says. "Mom stop" I fake laughed.

"Dating?" Veronica says. "It's nothing Veronica. Go play with Casey" I said and put her down so she could play with them.

"I don't know what to say because..I mean Leah is probably my favorite person that I've ever met here" my mom says.

"She's my favorite person I've ever met too but I mean.." I make a face and shrug.

"Jennifer don't. And I didn't even know she was your daughter till I saw your post of her when you guys went on that cruise."

"That's why you said she was cute?"

She nods her head. I sigh and roll my eyes.

"I thought you didn't like kids? Yet you teacher a whole class of them" I said making sure others wouldn't hear so parents wouldn't get offended.

"I never said that! I said I'm not ready for one" she says. "How the fuck are you not ready?!" I said getting angry. Again.

"Okay enough. Settle this on your own time. We have family here." My mom says.

"Let's just go. I'm done" I said and grabbed Veronica's hand.

"Bye bye Miss Leah!" She waves to her. "Byeee sweetie" She says. Then we leave.

We get in the car and I quickly start the engine.
"I cannot believe!" I said loudly as I back out of the parking. "I can't believe it either. Veronica is literally her favorite student and treats her like a daughter." My mom says. "I don't understand why she keeps saying she's not ready to the point that we break up..then I find out she's her teacher?! Is she okay? Because she needs help"

"Hun Stop. Maybe it's a personal problem, financial, whatever. Just don't question it so much and let it be"

"Does this mean I have to deal with her? I'm already about to start dropping off Veronica and picking her up from school everyday! What type of shit-"

"Hey language." My mom says. "Ugh" I groan.

"That's pretty crazy though" my mom continues. "I know! I cant believe it. Like I've never had you two meet before when she was my girlfriend but I should've so I would've known all this."

"Yeah.."

"She really loves Veronica though. Like- the notes she writes down in her homework all the time, the prizes she gives to her and staying on the green color everyday" I said.
"Are you talking about Miss Leah?" Veronica asks happily. "Y-Yeah" "Miss Leah is my favorite! I never get in trouble" she says.

"Yeah you've said that before" I giggle.

I know now that I'm going to be going to Veronica's school more, I'll be dealing with Leah. This is perfect. Someone whose practically broken my heart is my daughters teacher. Sounds so weird but it's the truth. It's fine though, Veronica has two and a half more months of school.  I just have to deal with Leah for that long.