35

Leahs pov

Yes. Jennifer will always be attractive as fuck. I've been feeling bad lately how she's been feeling and I do want her happy. I just feel like there's something she needs. I know deep inside she's a needy girl but she does a lot for her own kid that nobody is there to help her needs. That's probably why she fell for me so hard.

After we finished walking around. We went back to the parking garage.

"So this is our day?" I ask her. "Well..I'm free the rest of the day. It's just that I don't know what else to do" she says.

"Can I hang out at your place? Or mine? Whichever. We could talk more if you want to" I suggested. She softly smiles. "Yeah sure. Your house so I can see Biscuit haha"

"Alright. I'll see you there" I said.

Later we both met up at my place. She squeals as she sees my dog and quickly lifts it out of the gated area.

"My baby baby baby" she says in a puppy tone and gives her several kisses. I laugh and sat on the couch. She sits by me and Biscuit begins playing back and forth with us for a few minutes. Then she tires us both. So we just put her back in the gated area.

"So..where do you plan to move to after your last year at the school?" She asks me.

"Ill be teaching kindergarten again but this new school will be paying me much more"

"Oh wow. Congrats to you then"

"Thanks. With all the hard work I do, I felt like I had to take the offer" I said.

"Of course! It's good that you went for it. We know what we deserve and you knew it was right to take it" she says. I smile at her. That's sweet of her. "Thank you" i said softly. "Hm" she mumbles.

"Are you having Veronica stay at the same school till middle school?" I asked. "Yeah..most likely. Since it's a good distance from my house. It's convenient for me going and coming from work too"

"I see"

"I feel like she's too mature for her age group. Like she acts like a kid of course but she knows her boundaries. I see some kids around her sometimes and she's the only calm one. She gets excited but not to the point that she can't control herself cause she can. I'm glad she can." Jen says.

"She's a really great kid. She's always the one listening to me right away. She always stays on this green section that we have in our class that-"

"Yeah she tells me all the time" she interrupted and giggles.

"Does she?"

"Yeah! She always talks about you it's annoying sometimes" she says and smiles. "But you love listening to what she says about me" I smirk. "Maybe I do.." she shrugs and then lets out another smile.

"I just still can't believe you're Veronica's mom.." She tells me.

"I can't believe you're her teacher." I responded.

"You were so shocked when you first realized I was her teacher. Has she never said my name at home?"

"I mean she has just a few times. She usually just says 'my teacher' and I didn't even know where you worked when we first started dating so nothing connected.." She says. Her legs are bent close in front of her and I'm watching her smoothly scratch her own skin as she talks.

"Amazing how things turn out to be.." I said. "Yeah.." She says and just keeps her eyes at me. "If I met you at school..like if none of whatever we had before happened and I met you a long time ago..I wonder where we'd be" she says.