19

Leahs POV

So despite the fact that my girlfriend has a daughter, I still took Jennifer out for a date today. Another Saturday.

"Sorry I asked this to be so early in the morning" she says as I'm driving. "It's fine. I've always wanted to have a nice morning walk at the beach then have breakfast or brunch" I said. "Well perfect opportunity" she says. I press my lips and continue to drive.

I like this girl a lot. She's my girl. It feels like she is but also it doesn't feel like it. She has a daughter that I'm sure she's very focused on. I don't know what I'm going to do. I'm too young to have a daughter. She is too but she has years of experience already so..

We went to this breakfast cafe. Just somewhere simple. I could already feel the awkward tension. I mean we text still like normal but being face to face with her again after finding out she has a daughter changes a lot. She has another side of her that I haven't met..her daughter.

"Does your daughter know you're gay?" I ask her. She acts surprised for a second then shakes her head. "I mean she doesn't know much about that type of love. Just about loving herself. Her whole life I've just been having her focus on loving everything about herself. Since I've been single her whole life, it hasn't really been brought up too much" she says.

"Hmm" I mumble.

"We don't have to talk about her if you don't want to" she says. I just press my lips and look away. "But I'd appreciate it if you'd at least fake a nice attitude instead of acting like that" she continues. I bite my inner cheek because I know exactly what she's talking about.

"Sorry" I said.

"Anyways..what to order" she sighs. "Breakfast burrito sounds good" I said.

"I was looking at the omelettes too. They look yummy" she says.

I didn't respond and we just kept looking till our waitress arrived and took our order. Then after that it was awkward again. I mean I'd like to at least know facts about her daughter I guess. But I know she's a soft person and she's probably get too into detail. I'm just not that baby or child type of person. Which may seem shocking to people who actually know me fully and everything about me but also there's just sides of me people don't know about at all. Sadly.
-

After that brunch we had, we were just sitting in my parked car having a normal conversation. She's sitting like she's shy which I didn't mean to make her feel like that but I'm just still shocked that she has a daughter that she never told me about till recently..after we became girlfriends. It all makes sense to why we only saw each other on the weekends. I mean I'm busy with work on the weekdays but we never got to see each other during weeknights unless it was a Friday. So technically she's a milf.

"You can just drop me off" She says quietly. "Okay..but- I'm sorry" I said. "For?"  "I don't know but you're acting different and I don't like it."

"You don't know why you're sorry?" She asks. "I mean I do- like- I know why you're acting like this because of this whole daughter situation. I didn't expect this from you though so you have to understand why I'm so shocked."

"I am trying to understand but I-I don't know. Just drop me off" She says. I sigh and started the engine and left.

We later get back to her street. I parked and she immediately took her seatbelt off and left. I watched her walk away as she ran her fingers through her hair. A part of me feels weird because everything just flipped.

I'm really not ready for a kid but I really really like Jennifer..but I don't wanna be that girl who could end up as a stepmom and not like the child. I want Jen to be happy and me being here might ruin that which is why I'm having so much doubts lately. I feel like I need to make things right so nobody gets hurt.

-

Jens POV

"Mommy what's wrong?" Veronica says playing with my hair as I'm laying down watching TV in my bed. "Nothing mama" I sighed. But she knows I'm not okay. She comes close and hugs me softly and I felt that in the heart. I closed my eyes and immediately a tear goes down my cheek. I'm emotional because I was overthinking.

Then I later opened them and wiped my face before she saw me crying. I reached for my phone and went straight to this album of pictures and videos from when she was so much younger. Then I started to watch the video.

She looks up at me smiling in the video happily then runs away. I chase her around the park as she laughs like a cute little girl.

My then three year old daughter loved to play with me and she's gotten super comfortable living in my life.

"Gotcha!" I said and carried her and held her up in the air. "Agh mommy!" She laughs and screams.

After the video stopped I looked at Veronica and smiled. "We made so many videos when you were younger" I said and brought my finger to her soft faced and stroked it. "I was tiny" she says. "Yeah you were. You're still a baby to me though" I said.

"Hehe. Is there more?" She asks. "Plenty" I said. Then I played more. Having us end up watching for hours till she fell asleep by me and it's only the afternoon.

Then I got a new text from her, Leah.

"I hope you're having a nice day. I miss you already"

"I miss you.." I replied. She left me on read though. I miss her because I saw her for a short time this morning but not only that, I miss her acting normal. How can I have a nice day after what's happened? But ever since I told her about Veronica, she's been acting so different and I hate it. I'm scared. I feel like she's going to want to leave me. I've always been so afraid of that. That's why I haven't been in a relationship in a while. But I gave Leah the chance. I just guess it's my fault that I took this long to tell her the truth.