59

Leahs pov

Veronica's asleep and she isn't even bothered at what happened earlier. I guess Jennifer has explained to her in the past about her love life? That she's into women? I don't know. But Veronica isn't bothered which is what matters.

Jen sighs as she lays back on her bed after putting on clothes since she just showered. I had showered before her but I was standing by the mirror, brushing my hair.

"Babe.. I hope she doesn't think it's weird." Jen says. "I'm sure she doesn't think it's weird. She's still a little girl and hadn't really seen what it's like to have a mom and a dad together so when she sees you with me, she'll learn and eventually, hopefully get used to it."

"I just don't want her to look at you in a different way" she says.

"I know. I'm sure she won't though. I mean I've been with her for a whole school year and no matter what she'll still be obsessed with me" I said. I hear jen giggle.

Once I finished with my hair, I put down the brush and walked over to the bed. Jen looks at me and puts down her phone.

"Gimme kisses so I feel better" She says. I placed my legs on both sides of her while sitting on top. I smiled while looking down at her.

"You want more kisses because you wanna feel better since our daughter caught us kissing? Makes no sense but okay" I said and leaned down.

She stops me for a bit and smiles. "Our daughter" she says. I giggle and leaned down more kissing her softly.

"Wait. So you're down to watch her tomorrow while I work?" She asks. "Of course"

"Good" She says. Then we continued to make out.

-

The next day I woke up to just a forehead kiss. I was kind of tired still but I saw Jen leave in a whole work outfit so I'm assuming she's going to work.

I fell back asleep and woke up about an hour and a half later.

"Hi Leah" Veronica greets me cutely. She was sitting on Jens side of the bed. "Oh- Good morning sweetie"

"Mommy said I get to spend the day with you" she says happily. "Haha you do" I smile. She smiles back and lays by me. She had the tiny remote in her hand and turned on the tv.

"I want cartoons. I don't know how" she tells me. "Oh- Okay" I said and changed the channel for her. "Here you go. But I plan on making breakfast. Do you wanna just watch in the living room?" I ask her.

"Yeah!" She says. "Okay come on" I said. She follows me out after I turned off the tv. Then I turned the tv in the living room on.

In a matter of 30 minutes, I had made our breakfast. Mini pancakes for her with eggs, bacon, and slices of banana and strawberries on the side. Sounds like a lot for her but I made sure it was enough for her and not over stuffing her. Then for me it was the same but larger pancakes and iced coffee instead.

"Thank you Leeeee" she calls me. "You're welcome cutie" I giggle. We ate our breakfast while enjoying cartoons. At times I'd go on my phone. Jen texted me, thanking me for taking care of Veronica but she has to stop thanking me like I'm a babysitter. I'm Veronica's mom. Yes I fucked up leaving her and all so I have a reason to not take big steps with Veronica yet but Jen knows I'm trying to be the right mom for Ver. Especially since Jen and I are girlfriends. We're obviously trying to make this work out since we got so lucky to end up in each other's lives. It's my second chance in life and it's Jens chance to have someone who will be by her side.

Throughout the day me and Veronica spent the day doing fun activities. That's my specialty with kids since I am a kindergarten teacher. I'm used to it. We never get bored at home. It actually made the day go by so fast.