72

Jens pov

It's been hitting me a bit more realizing how emotional Leahs been lately. She's just been overthinking so much but I'm doing everything I can to make her happy. It's another weekend and she's here at my place. We had discussions already on moving in together. She already talked to the owners of the gated community she lives in and it's a really nice area I may say.. too bad she's letting it go but it's much better for her to move in with me. She did mention that was her first place when she first got herself together but it brings her bad memories which I don't want. She needs a fresh start. So I'm excited for her to move in.

My mom had met Leah, Veronica and I at a restaurant and now we're just waiting on Vanessa. We wanted to talk to them about the whole moving in situation too plus we wanted to all get together.

"I gotta peeee" Veronica says and repeatedly tapped my knee. "I'll take you" Leah says and stands up and holds Veronicas hand as they walked to find the bathroom. Me and my mom waited at the couches in the little waiting section since we weren't actually seated at a table yet.

"Mom, has she ever been...depressed around you before? Like back when I didn't know her like that. When you'd see her at Veronica's school and stuff."

"Nope..why?"

"Ugh. She's been thinking a lot lately about the past and I'm just trying to have her forget about it. She keeps beating herself up about all the bad things she did back then and she says she understands.. but I feel like she'll never get over it. That's such a big issue in life but she got her second chance and now she's with me and Veronica! How do I stop her from being so sad?"

"Talk to her."

"Well duh"

My mom shrugs her shoulders. "You're the only one who knows more about her. I may know a lot about her but you know how to make her happy. You know things that nobody else would know about her. She's your girlfriend. Yes I treat her like she's my daughter too but we don't talk about her past" my mom said. Then Vanessa walks in and gave us hugs.

"Auntie Nessa!" I hear Veronica say and randomly see her run up to Vanessa. Then Leah says hi to her too and they hugged. And it was funny to me because Vanessa looked good tonight, Leah looks good tonight. So yes as a best friend to Vanessa I checked her out to make sure she looked okay. And I checked out Leah because sheesh.. my woman is hot.

Vanessa sat by me and there was no space on the couch after that so I literally pulled Leah who was standing in front of me and sat her on my lap and wrapped my arms around her waist. She automatically lays her head on my head. I sighed and hugged her a little tighter and kissed her shoulder.

We later got called for our table. She sat in the inner part of the booth, I sat by her and Vanessa sat across, along with Veronica in between her and my mom. The dinner went on but Leah was being quiet. She'd let out some jokes here and there because she's pretty funny. She'd even make fun of me but it makes me laugh. At least she has humor even when she's sad.

"Lee Lee can I borrow your phone?" My daughter asks cutely. "Sure" she says and hands her the phone. I knew she was gonna take pictures. Not sure if it was of herself though or of us.

I look at Leah as I smile but she kept her eyes at Veronica as she smiled to her. I leaned in and kissed Leahs cheek. Then she finally looks at me and kisses me back for a second.

We were just waiting for our check now. Leahs head was back down on my shoulder and I just softly stroked her hair.

"Your hair smells so good. Have I told you that?" I ask her quietly. "Hmm. You have" she giggles. "Well it does. My pillows always smell so good when you're at my house" I said. She doesn't respond but she giggles again. I placed my hand on her thigh and softly stroked it and scratched her skin with my nails.