74

Leahs pov

Jen had to run a few errands while I was still at work and Veronica was sick so she wasn't with me at school. So now I'm on my way to Jennifer's moms house to pick up Veronica.

Once I get there, her mom greets me happily and let's me in the house.

"I made some food! Would you like to take some home for you and the girls?" She asks. "Oh sure! Thank you. I'm actually getting a bit hungry." I said. She started putting out food in a to-go container for us.

"How was Ver?" I ask her. "She's been resting all day. She might have some energy when she gets home but not too much. I'm sure she'll get sleepy. She just needs to relax." Jens mom says.

"Yeah. Thank you for watching her again! Seriously I owe you" I said. "No honey! No need to owe me. I'm basically your mother and she is my grandchild. Just make sure she grows up into the beautiful girl like Jennifer is. I want her to be as smart and generous as mine." She says. "I'll make sure that happens. I love them both so much and I just want what's right for their lives. I want us all to develop into a beautiful life, even though I'm enjoying it already." I said.

She doesn't respond and keeps her eyes at me. There was a pause for a few seconds but then she finally spoke again.

"Leah Remini"

"Ha..yeah?"

"If you ever...say...marry Jennifer.." she pauses. My heart skips a beat. That's such a beautiful thing to think of. "...you have my blessing. I know you're supposed to ask me ...and it's early...but..there's nobody else I would want more to Marry her than you. I've known you way longer than she's known you and I know you're the right person. I know you have goals and I know you've accomplished some. I'd love you to be in our family. You already are but the day youre named 'Jennifer's wife' would make it all come true. A dream come true for us all. I'm telling you this really early but this is my blessing to you that you can ask her whenever you think it's right." She tells me. My eyes were teary at this point. I didn't answer and just automatically hugged her.

"Thank you" I said. "Of course honey. I love you" she says. "I love you" I said back to her. "So don't hold back and doubt yourself if you think about getting married to her. Weather she asks you or you ask her. I'm not the one to stop you two. I want it to happen. But don't force it either. When the time is right, you'll know"

"Of course. Thank you. Seriously.." I said and smiled.

Seconds later Veronica comes out of a room with her plush toy and comes up to me sleepily. I carried her in my arms and kissed her cheek. "I missed you cutie!" I said. She just lays her head on my shoulder and falls asleep. I giggled and looked at Jens mom. "I'll get going" I whispered. "Yes go ahead!" She says. I take the food she made and thanked her. Then I went to the car and put Veronica in the car before I went to my drivers side and sat down.

"I want mcdooonalds" I hear the little girl say in the back seat. "Baby, your grandma made food for us to eat" I said while looking at her through the rear view mirror. "But can I have fries?" She asks sweetly. "Veronica" "pleeeease" she says. I giggled.

"Mommy's gonna be mad" I said. She pouts and looks out the window. I sighed and looked at the time. Then I looked at her again. This girl always gets what she wants.

I didn't say anything but I ended up driving to McDonald's at the drive through.

"Hi! Can I just order small fries?" I said to the speaker. "Yes. Is that all for you today?" "Yes. Thank you" I said. They told me my total. Then I pulled forward and waited behind a car. Then I looked back at Veronica and she smiles happily at me.

"You're lucky I love you" I said to her. "You can have a fry too" she tells me. I furrow my brows and started to laugh. "Uh yeah cause I'm paying for it" I sassed to her. She puckers her lips out and puts her hands on her hips and acts sassy too. "But you have to eat also when we get home or else your mommy is gonna be mad at me" I said. "Okay" she says.

I faced forward again and waited for my turn up next.

"How was grandmas house today?" I ask her. "We played outside today and then she let me help her make more brownies and then I took a bath before I napped" she tells me. "Yeah? We're the brownies yummy?" "Soooo yummy"

"Cool! And that's good you took a bath! Your mom will be happy now I guess" I giggled.

After I got the food, I handed her the fries then drove straight home. Once I opened the door all you can hear is Veronica singing "laaalaaalaa" as she walks in and goes to the kitchen.

"Where's mommy?" She asks. "Still out. She'll be home any minute" I said.

And not too long after, she comes in the house. I helped her with her things to put down. She sighs.

"How was it today?" I ask her and closed the door behind her. "Today was nice. Just tiring"

"Well your mom made us dinner so we don't have to cook tonight. I also made a pit stop to McDonald's just to get Ver small fries" I said. "Oh okay good" she says. I expected her to get mad that I bought her fries but she didn't? Well that's good.

"Mommy, Lee Lee said you'll get mad if we get fries" Veronica says while walking up to Jennifer. She carries her and looks at me. I furrow my brows to give Jen a look. "Oh..yeah I'm very mad. You're supposed to eat the food grandma made" Jen says with sarcasm. I shook my head and smiled.

"Don't be mad at her mommy. Sorry" she pouts. "Noooo baby it's okay. Next time just eat what we have. We're not gonna always buy food out. Me and Lee just spent so much money recently on moving and the new car still so we're on a budget bubs. We're trying to eat out less." Jen says. She's right. We're barely even gonna spend money on our Vegas trip.

"Ohhh okay"

Jen kisses her cheek. "Mmm did you just take a bath?"

"Yeah at grandmas"

"Good! You smell good!" She says.
She then puts her down and let her go to her room.

"They said we should be on the way to Vegas by 11" I said to Jen. "Oh okay cool" "I'll drive" I said. She looks at me immediately. "You don't want me to drive?" She asks. "You drive way more than me. It's fine"

"Okay but I'll drive back home then?"

"We'll see."

Jen rolls her eyes then walks over to me as I was just leaning into the island in the kitchen. She hugs me from behind and lays her head on me. "I missed you today."

"I missed you too but you saw me this morning" I giggled. "Yeah but it felt quick just waking up and getting ready then taking her to my moms while you went straight to work. And I kept thinking about you a lot. I don't know, things reminded me more of you today"

I moved away from her kind of so I can face her, then I pulled her close. "Well I'm here now babe. I'm happy you're home. It's been a busy day for us both but it makes me happy I can come home to my loving, gorgeous and hot girlfriend and our daughter. That's what makes me go through the day" I said. She softly smiles and gives me a hug. Then she pulls back and kisses me softly.

"I love yoooouuuuu" she says cutely. "Te amo" I responded. She gets surprised and you can tell she melted. I also wanted to badly tell her about the fact that her mom gave me her blessing. Jennifer is my best friend and you know how your best friend is the first person you wanna tell everything to? That's just how I felt but I can't tell her because she'll think I'm planning to marry her then. I never asked her mom. Her mom told me. But thinking about it and just looking at her..I'd love to marry Jennifer. I'm just so bad at timing. I don't wanna rush it. But I can see us married..I've had dreams.. and they've all looked amazing.