27

Leahs pov

"Yes we'll have fun today for our movie day" I said to one of my students who was super excited, holding snacks and their pillow. He says bye to his mom then she leaves and he just walks to his assigned table.

I then notice Veronica walk in, pulling her mom, my ex..Jennifer, into the classroom.

"Miss Leah I brought a blankie!!" She says happily. I made eye contact with Jennifer for a second who looks absolutely sexy..as she's always been sexy to me. She's in an obvious work outfit. High waisted dress pants and a blue flowy tank top that's tucked in.

"Yay!" I said to her. She let's go of her moms hand and walks to her table and places her things down.

"Hey so..uh- it's my first time bringing her here and picking her up on a regular time..do they stay in class till the parents pick me up or go outside?" Jennifer nervously asks me, trying so hard not to make awkward eye contact with me.

"Usually they go outside at the lunch tables but Veronica likes to stay in with me if her grandma comes a little late" I shrug. She presses her lips and looks away. "Okay. I'll make sure to pick her up right away then so she won't have to stay" she says. Petty.

"Okay" I shrug back. She looks at me for a second, then looks away at Veronica who comes up to us. "Mommy don't you have work?" She asks. "Yeah you might be late" I said. Jen looks at me with her resting bitch face. Then she looks down at her daughter and kisses her forehead. "I love you baby. Be good okay?" "I love you too" She smiles at Jen. Then Jen just walks away without saying a thing to me. I know I should expect that, but she's so ugh sometimes.

The bond I have with Veronica is a bond I've never had with any student. She's like my daughter in school. Sometimes I'd think about her over the weekend when we aren't at school because I'd miss her. I try my best to treat her like everyone else but something about her just had me love her so much. But even if I'm a teacher, I'm not ready for kids. Imagine me with Jennifer and Veronica. I'd have to take care of so many things going on. What if Jennifer can't pick up Veronica from school? Then here I am having to help out with that by taking her home, then going to buy food for the house, not just for me but me and the kid. Buying everything with the money I don't have, setting up birthday parties, and so much more mommy duties. I'm not a mommy type.. but something about me finding out Veronica is Jennifer's daughter makes me feel weird inside now. Like nervous, want to throw up feeling. I know I messed up but also..did I? For my own benefit? It'll be weird seeing Jen a lot more now. I really thought it'd be just done and we move on from each other easily since we weren't at the so serious stage. But people get feelings in different ways which I'm afraid of.
-

Jens pov

I walk into the classroom to pick up my daughter. I see her standing by Leahs desk whose on the computer and Veronica just looks super amused.

"Ver" I call out. Her and Leah both look at me and Veronica gasps and runs to me. "Mama!" She yells. I notice the class is kind of empty since they've all been picked up. I guess I need to be quicker. Should've not made that Starbucks stop.

"Miss Leah is showing me pictures of her puppy" she says and pulls me to Leahs desk. Although I did hesitate, my daughter is strong. I raise my brows and look at the laptop and see Biscuit. My favorite pup.

"She's cute huh mommy?"

"Mhm yeah.." I mutter.

"I wanna puppyyyy" she pouts.

"We can't mama" I said just looking down at her and disregarding Leahs presence. But I was trying to hint Veronica that were leaving, but she doesn't get it.

"Whyyy?"

"Veronica." I said. She pouts and looks at Leah. Leah shrugs and looks at me. "You can always visit Biscuit if you'd like" she says and I furrow my brows. "You're inviting us to go to your house to see your dog?" I ask and cross my arms. "Yes!!" Veronica says and gets excited. "No- I- Leah- miss Leah..no. We're fine. We have to go" I said.

"Bye bye Miss Leah" Veronica says. "Bye babe. Remember what I told you?" "Yeah" She giggles then holds my hand as we walk out.

"What did she tell you?" I ask as we get in the car. "I don't know" she says. "Baby..you cant lie to me." I said. She sighs. Why is she sighing?

"She was sad earlier but I helped her feel better mommy..and she said if you don't hate her she'll be fine"

"What??"

"I think thaaat..she thinks you don't like her" she says.

I am going to fight this woman.

"Oh..okay well I'm sure she's fine. I don't hate her. Hates a bad- strong word" I said. But I do now..

"Yay!"

Does she not know Veronica is just a child. Why use the word hate around her?

-

"Stop fucking around with my daughters mind" I texted Leah. She doesn't respond till 15 minutes later.

"What do you mean?"

"You made her think I hate you!"

"Well I'm sure you do.."

"I'm not the type to hate but you're so fucking stupid for getting that shit in her head. You should keep your emotions out of school. Especially knowing my daughter loves you, she'll be curious. So please stop."

"Okay I'm sorry"

"I don't want things to be awkward between us since I'll be seeing you more. I don't want us to fight or have something against each other while my daughter is around."

"So lets just be friends" she replies. I roll my eyes and shake my head.

"I can't just be friends with you. You broke up with me. I still find you attractive. I don't find friends attractive."

"Ok"

"And why would you invite her to see your dog? What are you trying to do? You fucking broke up with me but now that you know that your favorite student is my daughter, you wanna try and win me back or some shit? Pathetic" I'm really going off on her.

"That's not what I'm trying to do. You don't have to come"

"But I'd have to bring her to your house, then pick her up, deal with texting you and shit like if we don't have history"

"Didn't you say to me that you didn't wanna know my past? The past is the past. Worry about the presence?" She replies.

"Well I'm part of your past now so I'll have some concern about it."

"Okay so the past isn't the past. Gotcha" she replies. I just leave her on read. She annoys me so much but I like her annoying ass. I don't know why she's doing this to me but I'm pretty much suffering because I like her a lot. I know she still finds me attractive too. She only did this for the fact that I have a kid. What a bitch.