7

Jens POV

I slowly pull my lips away from hers and licked my lips. Then my eyes met hers and it was a perfect moment. Too bad it lasted a few seconds only.

"So?" She asks. "Uh-ha..i stand corrected.." I hesitate. It got quiet again. She just kept looking at me and biting her lip. I actually really enjoyed that kiss. It's our fourth date..it's just..I have a daughter and I haven't told Leah yet. I cant be kissing and messing with a girl when I'm now a mature young mom.

She pushes strands of hair behind my ear then cups my face and leaned in again. She stops right before touching my lips. I wanted to kiss her but I don't. I got nervous too. Her being that close makes me shake because I'm in my liking stage. Too many things going on in my mind. Her lips brush against mine softly. I felt myself getting hot. She's hot. But I feel like it's wrong.

"Wait" I said and pulled back. "What?" "I just- I wanna take it slow" I said. "Okay" she says and sits back. "Sorry" I said. "It's okay" she giggles. Sounded more of a forced one.

Not gonna lie..the rest of the night felt awkward..
-
"Mommy!" Veronica screams and runs up to me. "Goodmorning baby!" I said. I had to pick her up in the morning since she was already asleep by the time I got home.

"Thank you mom" I smile. "No problem. How was last night?" She asks. I forced a smile and looked at Veronica. "Well.." I pause and covered both of Veronica's ears while she was standing in between my legs. "We kissed last night..it almost got intense but I stopped it because I haven't told her yet about Veronica. I didn't want to be messing around when I have a daughter." I said. We're close so it didn't feel awkward telling her this. "Tell her!" "I cant! I don't know when.."

"Just don't hold off on it for too long before things get serious. You might get your heart broken."

"I know..I will" I sighed and let go of Veronica. "Wanna go have breakfast mama?" I ask Veronica. "Yes!" "Haha Okay say bye to grandma!"

"Byeee!" She says and hugs her leg. "Byee sweetheart" she says to her. "Bye mom thank you" I said and gave her a cheek kiss and then we left.

"Mommy I want pancakes" she said happily. I look up at the rear view mirror as she was smiling cutely while we were at a stop light. "Okay is IHOP fine babe?"

"Yeah! Mini pancakes" she says. "Yes we can get that" I giggle.

Once we get there, we got seated at a booth. I had her sitting across from me because she likes feeling like an older girl being able to sit on her own side. I don't want her to grow up that fast

I've been rethinking last night a lot. It wasn't bad at all. The kiss was amazing and in that moment I felt like I fell for her even more. I could imagine how much better things would be if we were so into each other. But i have Veronica. I love her with all my heart. This girl had a rollercoaster type of past. Her mother left her in front of a door of an orphanage when she was just one. Luckily the owner of the orphanage found her there before someone else could just randomly kidnap her...she was put up for adoption and I happened to be looking for a daughter at the time. She was the cutest baby ever. Her mixed genes. Her brown hair, big eyes, long lashes, cutest dimples and smile. My favorite is that she's half Latina. I fell in love right away. It doesn't even feel like she's an adopted daughter. I feel like she's my blood related daughter. She acts so much like me and not only because she grew up around me.

I havent had a chance to meet the mom of Veronica. I have met the dad. I mean I don't know if I have to but I wonder if it's a good thing to meet her. Veronica knows she's adopted and she's happy she is even though she doesn't remember a thing when she was a baby. I didn't just straight up tell her that she's adopted. It just grew onto her as she grew up but in a good way. She's also used to me being the only parent in the picture even though her friends in school all have both mommies and daddies. I taught her that it's okay that it's only me. I'm strong enough to play both roles for her as a parent. But I'm also thinking about being in love again. I'm still young. Really young to have a daughter but I was ready to have a kid.

"I love you Ver" I randomly said and she looks at me. "I love you mommy" she smiles and kisses her hand then blows it my way. I taught her that.

"Haha..I need to remember to buy your crayons for school on Monday since you guys are having a new art project" I said.

"Oh yeah!" She says. "Hopefully you can bring home the project so I can see how good you did" "we have to draw our favorite animal." "Yeah? What animal are you drawing because I know you looove animals" I said and she covers her mouth and laughs. "I could draw all" "all of them?!" I say acting surprised and she smiles more.

"Yeah. Elephant, zebra, cow, piggy"

"Oh my goodness so many!" I said. "Can we get the really colorful crayons?"

"Mhm yes we can get the 64 pack that comes with a bunch of colors" I said. "Yaaay!"

"If you could only choose one animal..which one would you pick?" I ask her. "Ummmm" she pauses and thinks. "I'd pick a puppy" I said. "Oh yeah a puppy! I want one for us!" she says and I shake my head and widen my eyes. "No. No time for puppies in this household" I giggle. "Aw maaaaan"

"My friend has a puppy though. Maybe when we have time one day you can meet her. Her name is biscuit" I said. "Biscuit? Like the bread?"

"Haha yeah"

"Awww"

"One day you'll meet her" I said..reminding me of Leah and that kiss. Ugh. That kiss was amazing. It's bad that I want more of the kissing. I love kisses.

We finished up breakfast then did a little shopping. I bought Veronica some new golden earrings and some new outfits. She loves the way I dress her up. I try not to make her look older than she is though because I know she's still young. I just hate the type of clothes for little ass girls who wear like...bright pink leggings and a colorful stripped top and green shoes. Nope. My baby girl is stylish.

-

"Hey cute ass" Leah texts me and I laugh to myself right away. She really just called me that because of that other night that she called me cute.

"Heyyy"

"Busy today?"

"Yeah sorry :( whatcha up to today?" I respond.

"Nothing. I've been thinking about you all morning & it's annoying" she responds. I'm blushing.

"wow thanks 🙄🙄" I responded.

"Jk. I wanna see u again soon"

"I wanna see u again soon too :)"

"Come over next weekend?"

"What day?"

"Saturday night" she responds and I look at Veronica as she's laying on the couch with me but she's laying on the other side chilling.

"Can't. Family plans." I lie. I just wanna spend time with Veronica since i haven't been the past couple of weekends. "Sunday?" I ask. "Okay sure"

"Sure?"

"Yes"

"Even tho I cant hear u.. u seem unsure." She responded.

"I'm sure Leah 😂"

"Alright lol"

It's not hard to get me to say yes to seeing Leah. It's nice seeing her every weekend. I just need to stop putting Veronica to the side and have my mom or Vanessa watch her. I feel like I'm betraying her even though it's just for a night. That's why I'm taking it slow with Leah because I already know where we're both ending up. We started dating...ish after we finally got each other's numbers at Starbucks. She asked me out to dinner to get to know each other more and it went on from there. Then we kissed..now she's calling me a cute ass and we're barely flirting. I've missed this feeling but the doubts are running through my mind.