42

Jens pov

We get to my house and I immediately take off my seatbelt, didnt even say bye and just left, slamming the door and walked into my house.

But a minute later Leah calls.

"What" I said with an attitude. "You can't say bye to me or what?" She says through the phone.

"Bye" I said and hung up on her. She pissed me off. She doesn't realize how much I go through and I'm just trying to make myself feel better but she's making me feel like shit. As if I was being a whore because I had unprotected sex with Veronica's dad. She wants me happy? Clearly she can't stand me being me. I know she's trying to help though. I'm probably just taking it in the wrong way.

Later Veronica gets home with my mom just dropping her off. She climbs on the couch with me and sees that I'm not in the right mood.

"Mamaaa"

"Yes baby" I said quietly. "Are you tired? I thought you slept?" She asks. "Mhm I'm tired. I cant play right now" I said and sighed. She pouts and gives me a tight hug. I immediately melt with happiness. "I love you" i said and pouted. "I love you too!" She says. I smile at her and cup her face as she's looking down at me. "Who let you be this gorgeous?" I ask. She smiles and tilts her head. "Seriously like you're the most precious little girl I've laid eyes on. When you grow up all the boys will go crazy over you" I joke.

"Ewww yucky boys" she says. "Haha. When you're old enough you need to have my approval first before you start having a boyfriend"

She scrunches her nose and lays on my chest. We had such a calm and soothing conversation but she eventually fell asleep.
-

Leahs pov

Jen has been so cold with me for the past three days and I've had enough of it.

"Hey. I wanna apologize for everything. I feel like I say sorry to you so much and it's all on me because I fuck up too much. Do what makes you happy. That's what I want. I need to learn how to let go and stick to our original friend plan. I do have doubts about this all because I feel like we're fighting as a sign that we shouldn't be friends. I don't know if that means we need to get back together or just be out of each other's lives for good. Either or..i just want to let you know that you're free to do whatever. Let me stay the mad and jealous woman I can be. It was my fault to begin with. You deserve so much better. I know that you know that too. You're a beautiful young and sweet girl. Anyone who ends up with you is the luckiest. I know I was the luckiest when we were together. I had fun with you that day we did our lashes and everything until we fought. So I'm sorry for ending your day off bad. That wasn't my intention and I felt like shit because of it. I'm just scared because I don't want you in any drama with this dad of Veronica. I'm just looking out for you. You mean so much to me..❤️"

Sigh. Who let my dumbass become such a fuck up? She really deserves so much better. And she has a daughter. I feel even worst knowing I'm messing with my favorite students mothers' mind.

"I'm sorry that I act up too much. I'm stressed. I think I just need a break from everything. I'm planning to have my own vacation. But I hate being alone. So idk. I'll figure out something to make me feel the way I need to be. Thank you for looking out for me tho. Even though you piss me off a lot.. In a friendly way, I love you." She replied.

"I love you :)" I replied.

That gave me lots of chills. We've never said the "L" word to each other but we just said it as a friendly way. At least we both know we care about each other.
-

I'm with Clarissa and my friends at a kickback. She has her arm around me and her legs crossed my way as we're around the fire making s'mores.

"Leah" She says and uses her free hand to feed me a smore. I laugh as pieces fell on her jeans. "Stop being messy and just eat it!" She laughs and wipes my mouth.