44

Leahs pov

I'm about to leave now. I said bye to her family but Jennifer's walking me out to the car. We're walking slowly as I have my arm wrapped around her waist and so does she with my waist.

"See. We can spend quality time like this. I had so much fun today" she says. "Me too. And again thank you for everything. Especially thank you for making me feel so welcomed into your family. I've missed that feeling since I haven't been with mine in years."

"Of course. My family will always make you feel welcomed" she says and we let go as we get to my car. We face each other and smiled. "Clarissa hasn't yelled at you yet for being with me all day?" She joked. "Surprisingly no. Let's hope she's not cheating" I joke also. "Don't say that! Anyone would be stupid to cheat on you" She said. "Thanks. I'm sure she's just enjoying time with the family though. I'll call her tonight and ask her all about it" I said.

"Hmm yeah that's smart" she giggles. I sigh and gave her a hug. Unexpectedly it lasted more than just a second. She's hugging me tight and I'm doing the same as I just felt so comfortable hugging her.

Once we pulled back we kind of just automatically looked into each other's eyes. But she blinked fast and looked away.

"Drive safe. Alright? Text me when your home" she says.

"Mmkay I will" I said. "Bye" She says. "Bye" I smile and walk to the door. She watches me drive off. Making sure I was okay. Today was a nice feeling. That hug was something. That look was something.

-

I'm spending my Sunday with Clarissa. But she's on her phone a lot. I'm not one to snoop or be some overprotective girl but I'm getting curious. I need attention too.

"Everything okay? You've been on your phone a lot" I said. "Oh yeah I'm good" she says. Okay then.

I'm tryna enjoy my day with her. I took her out to a museum in LA. But she's barely even making my money's worth because she's texting a lot. But I'm just gonna ignore it. Maybe I'm just overthinking it.

"Where should we go for lunch?" I asked. "Uh..I don't know. Somewhere close by" she says. "Okay but where? What're you craving?" I ask. She puts her phone away and crosses her arms and looks at me. She shrugs her shoulders. I roll my eyes and sigh. "Babe..I'm really trying to have a great time with you today but you've been on your phone and been cold with me. I feel like somethings up" I said.

"What? Nothings up. I'm just texting my cousin. I cant text my cousin?" She asks defensively. "I'm not saying you can't. But since were dating I feel like we should be more into each other's lives. I don't know. I just feel different."

"Everything is fine. You have nothing to worry about" she say and cups my face. "You are overthinking." She says and leans in to give me a soft kiss. Then she smiles. "I'm sorry for making you feel that way. I'm all yours today so let's do this. I'm craving burgers" she says. "Okay" I said. She holds my hand as we continue to walk. Later we had eaten at a restaurant that served burgers and other types of American food. Now she was giving me all her attention. I hate that I have to remind her that I want attention too.

After we ate we went straight to my place. We walk in and she completely ignores Biscuit whose playfully greeting her. I've noticed she's not into dogs.

"Whew I'm tired." She says and stretched as she standing. "Are you?" I giggle. "Well kinda haha"

"We can go in my room and relax if you want" I offer. "Okay sure" she says. So we went to my room. I put my hair up and got myself comfortable and laid in bed. She wasn't even shy about laying in mine. This is her first time in my bed too. Bothering.