23

Jens pov

"So you don't wanna meet up and talk about it at least?" I respond to Leahs long message that she sent to me this morning as I'm at work.

"I have a booked schedule so I wouldn't know the best time. And I also don't want to take away your time from your daughter so I thought I'd just break up with you through text. Not the best way..but is there a best way?"

"Okay. Well thank you for being considerate. I hope all goes well whichever direction you take in your life. I'm sorry I couldn't be the perfect one. Sorry for wasting your time" I responded. I'm being nice but at the same time I'm getting angry for some reason. It's been a couple of weeks by now and we're having our "closure" now I guess.

"You didn't waste my time Jennifer. I enjoyed my time with you. It just happened that we have something not in common. I'm not ready for a kid but you are. You already have one. That's big. I didn't wanna ruin anything so I thought it'd be best to step out of your life"

"Through text though... Amazing"

"Please. I don't want us to become enemies. You're a sweet and humble woman. Anyone who ends up with you is seriously lucky. I want you to be happy wherever the path you take goes. I wish I could be with you but I simply can't"

"It's not that hard to learn how to take care of a kid" I texted.

"I'm sorry. I wish it were that easy. The best we can do is stay friends."

"Friends with someone who I let into the side of me that not just anyone could see. Someone who I had sex with even when I had a daughter. You were my first ever since I last dated which was before Veronica. I cant just be friends with u.."

"I'm sorry" she responds. I just leave her on read. She pissed me off. But I mean, if she really liked me, she would've had at least tried. That's the thing though, I don't know if she tried before she told me she doesn't want kids. Maybe she tried before she let out her thoughts. I don't know.
-

I get to my moms house to pick up Veronica. I have the keys so I just went straight in.

"Mama!" My daughter yells happily. "Hey gorgeous" I said and smiled. She runs over to me and I carry her up and gave her a kiss. Then I look at my mom whose arms are crossed as she gives me this look. "Mom please" I said and shook my head because she's getting more info about mine and Leahs breakup. From who? Vanessa.

"I told you so"

"You know what I listened to you and told her"

"You took long enough"

"Whatever. Just don't talk about it." I said. And grabbed Veronica's bag.

"Thank you for watching her. Love you" I said to her and got ready to leave. "Love you two" She says. "Bye bye grammaaa!"

"Bye munchkin!"

We leave and get in my car.

"Seatbelt on?" I ask Veronica. "Yeah" "Okay good girl" I said then started to drive.

"Do you have homework today?"

"I finished at grandmas" she says. "Really? Good job!"

"Yeah. So I can have fun time at home?"

"After you shower then yes. I heard you guys played a lot outside today at school"

"Yeah. One of my friends fell down"

"Oh noo. Is she okay?" I ask. "Mhm. She only got a small ouchy" she says. I giggle. "At least its small ouchy"

We later get home. After helping Veronica take a bath, I went straight to my laptop to work on some work stuff but at home. I'm so excited to be moving my shift down to regular hours so I can't take my daughter to school and pick her up.

"Mama"

"Yeah hun?"

"Can I stay with you?" She asks me and immediately crawls in my bed. I take off my glasses and look at her. "What's wrong?" "Nothing I just want to be here." "Mmkay. I'm just working so no games on the computer. You can use my iPad" I said.

"Yay" She says and pulls the iPad away from my lap. "Hey. Your spring break is coming up" I said. "Spring break?" "Mhm. I want us to go on a vacation. We can bring Vanessa along too."

"Yeah!!"

I laugh as I finish up my work, I start to look up places to vacation at too. Not too fancy but somewhere where Veronica can enjoy too.
-

"A cruise?" I ask Vanessa as we're having lunch together with Veronica too on this lovely Saturday. "Yes! They even have kids camp just incase you want to go have fun and drink or do whatever. It takes you to Mexico. They have one for 3 days or a week. But I don't think a week on a boat is fun. Plus it's my first time on one. 3 days is good because it's a two day ride then you spend a day in Mexico to explore, then the ride back home."

"Hmm.. do you wanna go on a boat babe?" I ask Ver. She gasps and nods her head happily. I raise my brows and look at Vanessa. "See? We should go! We gotta book now before the prices go up."

"I've never been on one but Leah promised to take me with her one day..." I said.

"Well fuck Leah right now. We're trying to have you forget about her"

"Don't curse!" Veronica yells.

"Sheesh. Sorry" Vanessa giggles. I smile and shake my head. "Okay fine. Tonight I'll book it."

"Yes! Perfect"

I press my lips then look at Veronica again. Then I leaned into her and kissed her forehead.

"So has she texted you again this past week?" Vanessa asks. "Nope. We officially stopped after that conversation last time. She pissed me off so I just left her on read and we haven't talked since"

"Are you getting over her?"

"Eh. I think about her still but barely."

"Barely.."

"Stop"

"How are you helping yourself heal from the break up?" She asks me. "I don't know. I'm so focused on work and Ver. That distracts me a lot and I know I'm not as sad as I was before but I still think about her. I cant stand the fact that she'll end up with someone else when she was supposed to be mine. That shits heartbreaking"

"You'll get over it. If you're ready for a relationship, we can work that out. You'll be more open to the public. Not in a hoe way but when someone flirts with you, flirt back. Don't push them away"

"I'll feel guilty.." I said. "If you could flirt with Leah, you can flirt with anyone."

"That's not how we approached each other first though. We barely even flirted. I just found her so gorgeous and sweet. Someone who I ended up liking right away. She didn't get me by flirting and neither did I" I said. I take in the look Vanessa gives me and I just shrug my shoulders.

"Well the cruise should also help you get her off your mind. Maybe you can find someone else on the cruise" she says. "Find someone else? What do you mean?" I chuckle.

"You're on a boat with the same people for three days. You make new friends and some hookup in their rooms for fun since they know they'll never see each other again unless they keep in touch."

"I'm not hooking up"

"I never said you will! I'm just giving you some things to keep in mind." She says. I look at Veronica whose focused on my phone so she's not even paying attention to our conversation. Honestly I plan to enjoy the cruise with my daughter and Vanessa. I'll have her in the kids camp once or twice incase I feel like drinking and having fun but it's not something I plan on doing the whole trip.

After getting home and immediately booking the trip with Vanessa, she leaves and now it's just me and my daughter home alone. I'm very excited for this trip. I haven't had a nice trip in a while because I've been so busy with taking care of her but now that Vanessa brought it up, why not have this trip? We will all enjoy it and I need my mind off of dumb things.