45

Jens POV

During the week I've been so busy with lots of things to do at work. Today I asked Leah to take Veronica home since I had to work a little late. But I know Veronica wouldn't mind at all and Leah was completely fine with that.

We're finishing up a conference call meeting. I also got the good news that I'm getting a raise. I've been waiting for that for so long.

After work I went to Leahs place. She lets me in after giving me a hug.

"Hi mama!" Veronica says to me and waved then continued watching tv and chilling with Biscuit. I laughed and looked at Leah. "That's the first time she hasn't ran up to me" I said. "She must love being here then" Leah jokes. "She probably does. I wouldn't be surprised"

Then biscuit runs up to me.
"I know you missed me!" I said and played with her for a few seconds.

"Haha. How was work? You had a meeting right? How'd that go?" She asks me. "Ugh too much. I don't even wanna think about it. But on the bright side..I just got a raise!" I said. "Really?! Congratulations!!" Leah says happily. "Thank you! I've been waiting for it. I'm so excited"

"You work so hard you deserve it" She says. "Thank youuu" I smile. Then I look down at my phone for a second.

"Oh! About this weekend. So we're good for the club. My mom will watch Veronica but I promised Ver I'd take her somewhere and I was thinking of going bowling the night before. Vanessa's coming too. Did you wanna come?" I ask her.

"Me? Well-"

"Unless you have plans"

"Oh no I spend my Friday nights alone now sadly. So yeah I'll come along."

"Yay! Okay cool"

"What time?"

"Uhh I don't know yet. I was thinking if you did decide to come, that you can just take Veronica with you after school then me and Vanessa will come pick you two up on the way to the bowling place."

"Oh okay we can do that then!" She says. "Yay! Okay"

"Yaaay!!!" Veronica yells. I smile at Leah and look away at Veronica who walked up to us. I carried her in my arms and gave her multiple kisses. "I missed you babe" I tell Veronica. "Thank you for taking her again today" I said.

"Anytime" She says. I reach my arm out and gave her a hug. I rubbed her back for a few seconds then we pulled away.

"I'll text you tonight" I said. "Mmkay" She says.

Once we left we went straight home.

"I'm making dinner in two hours so you need to do homework and then shower before I make it" I tell Veronica. "Okay. Can I take a bubble bath today?" She asks. "Yeah sure" I said.

She's really good at listening. She finished her homework quickly then I got the tub ready for her to bathe in. I gave her some bath toys to play with as the bath bomb continued to disintegrate in the water.

"Mommy what's for dinner?" She asks. "Roasted chicken, rice and some veggies"

"Veggies?!" She exclaims and makes a disgusted face. "You have to eat them. Don't worry it's the fun veggies! I'll shape them into stars too" I said. "Okaaay" she whines.

"Hey you need to be a healthy girl so you can grow up strong!" I said. "Okay" she responds.
After her bath I let her stay in my room to watch cartoons for a while. I went downstairs to start on dinner.

Then I got a call from the adoption agency. Sometimes I get so worried to answer it but also excited.

"Hello?" I answer. "Jennifer? This is the adoption center. We're happy to let you know that we've gotten more information. Once everything is processed you'll be able to come in and get that information. Our estimate is by next Sunday. Well give you a call if it's any sooner."