28

Leahs pov

A whole week has gone by and I've survived dealing with her. But now Veronica is bugging me even more just to see my dog.

I really wouldn't mind being friends with Jennifer. I'm just going to have to deal with it. One day we'll both be with someone else and would have to face it too and be happy for each other. I still don't know how to explain why I'm not ready for a kid to her but I know for myself that I'm not. You just get this feeling like you know somethings not right and that's me. After my past, I just know I can't deal with it now. It'll take time for me. Maybe Veronica is a little help since she's my "school daughter". But children are too much to handle. I've got my own expenses and lots of bills. But I am moving to a new school that'll pay me more after next year. This year was going to be my last year but things happened and I decided to stay one more year.

"Hey Veronica, I'll be right back but Mrs Reeves will be in here with you." I said since she's the only kid in here as I leave my desk. All the other kids were outside. "Okay" she says sweetly as she's coloring something.

I walk outside down the walkway, passing classrooms to get to the faculty lounge.

"Dammit" I mutter to myself as I see Jennifer walking this way but she's on her phone. A second later she looks up and we make contact. Then I looked away from her and we acted like we didn't see each other or didn't even know each other as we passed by.

But ugh..she smelled so good.

After going into the faculty lounge to get what I needed, I walked back to my classroom, hoping they left already.

"Miss Leah mommy came here before you got back so I'm leaving now!" She says and hugs my legs. "Oh- okay I'll see you tomorrow hun" I said and rubbed her back.

"Mommy can we please go see her puppy soon?!" She asks while looking up at her.

"Miss Leah is too busy to be having her students come see her dog"

"But mamaaa" she pouts. "I'll bring her in one day. It's okay Veronica."

"Yay!!" She yells. "Bye" I giggle. "Byeee"

Once they leave I felt more relieved. I just have to get used to seeing her everyday.
-

Jens pov

"I think I'm gonna try" I said to Vanessa as were sitting at the kitchen watching Veronica play around in the living room. "Really? Do you really want to?" She asks. "I mean yeah. What harm is it to meet her mom?"

"No harm honestly. I just feel like it might hit you in the wrong way..I mean it could be a good or bad thing. We know the father but he wasn't even there when Ver was left in front of the door so we don't exactly know why she did what she did right?" Vanessa asks.

"I mean he said they had her on accident you know.. so maybe she didn't even want a kid to begin with but his dumbass doesn't know how to pull out" I joke. "Haha... I still can't believe you guys hooked up the week you guys met after getting Veronica!" She says.

"He's hot! You know that. But I like girls way more now." I said.

"I know you do" she smirks and shakes her head. "What?" I giggle. "Nothing!"

"Stop" I tell her. She laughs more and raises her brows. "Literally every girl you see you check out their ass"

"Okay? I have to see if theirs looks better than mine" I said. "Okay..but when you see Leahs ass, you drool"

I start to smile and looked away. Kind of blushing but I shouldn't be. But ever since I've been seeing her a lot, tiny tiny feelings are coming back. Just like..the feelings that make me wanna check her out the way I used to. But she did hurt me so I'm not that into her like before.

"Okay you know what? Stop." I said.

"Okay sorry. Anyways back to her mom. We can go to the adoption place and ask them everything that you wanna do the whole process just to find her." She says.

"Yeah. I already know it'll take a while but it's fine. I wanna know" I said. "I'm sure it'll be worth the wait. Meeting a wonderful woman...She's probably a great person. Don't judge her just cause she let her child go. She had her reasons."

"I know.." I said.
-

I walk into my daughters classroom to see her playing with Biscuit. The dog I love.

"Mommy!! This is Biscuit! Like your friends dog is also named biscuit!" She says happily. Biscuit runs up to me like she knew me right away. My heart.

"Hey you" I giggle and rubbed Biscuits head. Then I glanced at Leah for a second and she's just staring at us as we have a moment. So I let go and stood up.

"We gotta go mama. Say bye and get your things"

"Okay" she says.

Biscuit would not leave me alone though. I looked at Leah again, not intentionally, and she presses her lips and forces a smile.

"She missed you" Leah says. "Missed her too" I mutter and looked away.

Veronica comes to me and Biscuit and starts petting her again gently. I can really tell that Ver loves her already. So much that I feel bad that we have to leave.

"Come on babe" I said. She pouts and stands up. "Awww" she whines.

"Take her" I hear Leah says. I look at her and give her a weird, confused look. "I know you two love her..and I'm having guests over this weekend.."

"I'm not gonna be your dogs babysit-"

"Yes mommy lets keep her for the weekend!!" Veronica interrupts.

I sigh and look at Veronica. I don't like disappointing Veronica.

"Leah" I said and she just keeps her eyes at me waiting for an answer. I roll my eyes hard. "I don't have dog food or her bed." I sighed.

"Come pick it up. You know where" she says. Like she's teasing me or some shit.

"I'll have Vanessa pick it up tonight" I said Since I don't wanna go to her house. "Fine by me" she shrugs and crosses her arms but kept her eyes at me. "Okay." I said. Leah gets happy then walks over to us and squats down to Biscuit.

"I'll see you Monday Okay? I love you" She says to biscuit. Then she stands up and looks at me. She's like a few feet away though so we have a distance.

"Bring her when you pick her up on Monday so I won't have to show the class again that I have a dog" she says. "K" I replied.

"Thank you so much." She tells me. "Welcome..." I said.

Once we left, I was happy. I love love love her dog. She practically asked me for a favor. I wouldn't have done it if it wasn't for Veronica though.