51

Jens POV

I've been avoiding Leah a lot more now. I'm not purposely doing it but I can't look at her the same. It's hard. Especially when my daughters loves her. Crazy right? For a daughter to love their own mom that much  But she doesn't know that's her mom. I know I was worried to find out who her mom was because I was scared her mom would want her back. I didn't think there was another downside of finding out who her mom was. How would I know that someone so close in my life would end up being Veronica's real mom?

"Jennifer" Leah calls me after I let Veronica walk in the class herself. I stopped but was already turned around. She comes up to me and pulls me outside the classroom. I cross my arms and look at her.

"What's wrong? I really wanna know. I don't like this feeling because I'm starting to think it's me whose the problem. I feel like you're starting to wanna be distant from me again when we clearly can't be apart.."

I don't answer and just eye her down. Her gorgeous ass self.

"Did I do something?" She asks. It takes a few seconds for me to finally respond.

"Let's talk tonight" I said then I turned around and just left. I guess I'm finally gonna tell her everything because I can't stand seeing her so worried. She cares so much for me which is lovely but this shit is fucked up. I need to straighten it all out.

As I'm at work minding my own business, Leah of course texts me.

"Is it bad?" She said. "Wait till we talk"

"So it is bad.."

"I didn't say that. I honestly don't know if it's good or bad. It's a lot tho sooo"

"Ok. Do you want food?" She asks me. I smile like my dumb ass self would because I love when she asks me if I want food. Even when we're having a serious conversation.

"Yes please"

"Gotchu. I'll get Veronica food also"

"Thanks ❤️ don't get her food though. She's with my mom later today so she'll have her own food" I respond.

"Alright"

I put down my phone and continue to work. Well I tried to. But I just can't seem to focus. I'm thinking about how I'm gonna start it all off. 'Hey Lee. I just found out you're my daughters actual mom!' Or 'crazy how we thought we were meant to be? Well I guess it's true because I finally got to find out who the real mom of Veronica is..' ugh. I don't want to start it off by confusing her. I just hope it runs smoothly.

-

I'm waiting at my house for Leah to get here. I'm a little nervous because I'm worried about how she'll take this. I don't wanna attack her with all this but it needs to be said so things wouldn't be any more weirder between us.

I hear my doorbell so I right away got up and opened it to her. Her hands were full carrying a cup holder for our drinks and the bag for our food.

"Lemme help you" I giggled. "Thanks" she says and hands me the drinks. I closed the door behind her as she gets in and followed her to the kitchen.

"What'd you get today?" I ask her with such curiosity. "In n out obviously" she giggles. "Just tryna start a convo" I said and sat down in the stool by the island. She shakes her head as she smiles and digs through the bag. She takes out a burger and places it down towards me, then places the fries by me also. "Ketchup right?" She asks. "Yeah" I said. So she gives me some. I just kept watching her serve me. She really cares about me. Like now she's even taking out the paper from the straw and putting it in my shake then handed it to me. But then she noticed I was staring.