Chapter 2: A Plan

Hi everyone!  SK here.  We are now at the second chapter of this book.  WELLLLL technically the third part, but second chapter.  If that's not confusing.

But anyway, let's start.  Don't forget to vote and comment if you liked it!!

Enjoy ^w^

Ash

"Come on, Clemont, almost there," I encourage, looking back at my tired friend behind me.  We have been walking for quite some time, and I know well that Clemont gets tired easily. 

"Y-Yeah.. I know," he huffs.  "C-Can we just take a small break?"  He gives me a look that I can't say no to.

"Of course," I reply.  "We can eat something, too."  My stomach grumbles as soon as I say that... though, to be quite honest, I'm not really surprised.

"Oh, okay!  Thanks, Ash," Clemont says, looking grateful.  I tell him that it's no problem, and we then venture off to find somewhere we can rest and eat for a little while.  Being in the countryside, that isn't too hard to find.  We quickly come across a nice grassy spot with lots of sweet-smelling flowers, and Pokemon that are native to the region.  When we sit down, I take in a deep breath and smell the nature around us.

Sweet-smelling flowers... ah, they remind me of Serena so much.  I spot some bunches of blue wildflowers growing in the nearby field, ones that have the same shade of Serena's eyes.

Clemont, meanwhile, is observing the Pokemon in the field with an interested expression.  I guess it's because they're Pokemon that he wouldn't have seen before, and the Clemont I know is always studying and analyzing everything he can get his hands on.  

"Interesting Pokemon, eh?" I ask, hoping to spark a conversation with him.  During our journey we have definitely gotten closer, but there is now this invisible barricade between us that I'm trying to break through.  I don't know any other way to explain it- there is just this underline of tension in every moment of our lives... well, since we lost Serena and the others at least.

I still can't believe that out of the five of us that started this quest, only two of us are left.

"Oh!  Well, yes actually.  I've never seen some of them before," Clemont confesses, looking a little shy.

I give him a patient smile, knowing that being his old self would be hard without Bonnie here next to him.  "I can tell you about some of them, if you want," I tell him.  I'm always happy to talk about Pokemon after all!  I hear Pikachu scampering away from us, and I watch him begin to play with a wild Eevee.

"Really?" Clemont checks, and I nod.  "Well.. in that case, what's that one over there?  It's a Vulpix, yes?" he questions, pointing to an orangish-coloured Pokemon with a very big tail.

"Oh yeah, that's a Vulpix alright," I tell him.  I'm pretty sure that he's seen a Vulpix before, but maybe he's also trying to make an effort to break that barricade as well?  Either way, I'm just happy to talk with him.  "It's a fire-type, and it evolves into Ninetales." I love this, I can see my friend's eyes lighting up the more I speak.  I take out some sandwiches from my backpack and give one to Clemont.  He thanks me, and I continued talking about Vulpix while we begin to eat.

"Well, it evolves using a fire-stone.  It's actually pretty common to find them in grassy fields, like now," I tell him.  "I once had a friend who owned a Vulpix," I add, thinking back to the time when I first started travelling with Brock and Misty.

Brock and Misty... now two more people that I've lost from my life.

"Oh really?  Was it nice?" Clemont asks, sounding genuinely interested.