Chapter 19: Reunion For Forever

Hi everyone!!  SK here.

It sure has been a while, hasn't it?  More than two weeks.  I'm very sorry that this update has taken so long, but now that I'm back I'm going to be updating weekly again.  Yay!!  

I'm actually going to try to get two updates out this weekend... but no promises, as I want to have my other ongoing book, A World of Her Own, finished by September- my focus will probably be on that one a little more until then.

Anyway, I'll start the chapter now.  Please enjoy it!! :D

Serena

"How long will you be away for?" Heliux asks me.  We are standing at the outside of my chambers, as I was about to leave to get Bonnie for the meeting when Heliux ambushed me.  He'd found me and started questioning me, which I knew he had to do but it's getting annoying because I'm going to be late.  Outside visits to non-fairies, especially with the Leader herself, are very uncommon.  Besides, it led to Aria's early... retirement.  I can understand why Heliux is so on edge, but still, come on!  He can trust me for Lita's sake!

"I will try to get back here as soon as possible," I promise him, trying to sound reassuring.  

"Please try to be back by the time the sun is at its highest," he says firmly.  "It's just... we cannot afford to lose you, especially with the unbalance of Elements and A-"

I stop him by putting my hand on his shoulder reassuringly.  "Heliux, me and Bonnie will be fine," I say with a smile.  "But yes, if it calms your nerves, me and Bonnie can be back sooner than later."

"It's not just that," Heliux snaps, looking a little flustered at my comment.  "You leaving... must remain a secret.  If fairies found out negativity would rise, which is never a good thing.  You need support, now of all times.  The more time you are gone, the more time someone has to figure out your absence."

I nod.  "Will do," I chirp.  A light breeze swayed my hair as I turn around in search of Bonnie.  "I have to go now though, I need to get Bonnie and you always told me the importance of being on time."

I don't see his face, but I can sense that he's smiling to himself behind me.  "Of course.  Take care, Your Lightness."  His footsteps fade away as he makes his leave.

"Be careful, Serena."

Aria!  My thoughts jump instantly.  It's been a while since I've heard her voice.  Maybe my thoughts are just too restless for me to hear it.

Clemont's a good person, I tell her convincingly.  He would never hurt me or his sister.

"I know, just... it never hurts to be cautious."

I smile sadly, knowing this must be a sore topic for her.  I know.  I'll be careful, promise.

I don't hear anymore from her, but her warning remains in my mind.  I know that the quest had changed him, but from the way Ash had described him he sounds like the same old Clemont.  

Ash...

I instantly steel myself, trying to get rid of all thoughts of him.  Not now.  You need to get to Ash, but you need your focus.  It's different than before.  You can't use him to focus, at least not now, and you need your magic to protect yourself.

"Hey, Serena!"  That's Bonnie's voice, and I turn to see her standing near the stage entrance.  I instantly put on a smile and calmly walk towards her.  Bonnie never really refers to me by my formal title, even when others are around.  I don't mind it, though.  It reminds me how close we were, are, and forever will be.