Chapter 18: A Spark of Magic

Hi everyone!!  SK here.

I don't have much to say, so let's get right to it.  As always, I hope you enjoy it!

Ash

After my first thrill of excitement flying, I know I just have to try out even more magic.  I now understand why all the Light Fairies seemed so cheerful all the time, magic is a wondrous thing, and we are all extremely lucky to be able to use it in the way we do.

Well, I mean the fairies of course.  If regular trainers could use magic... let's just say that it'd be absolutely crazy on the battlefield.  I picture that one battle I had against Serena and her Braixen that one time and chuckle to myself, because how weird would it have been to be firing spells at each other instead of having our Pokemon fight?

I look upwards, full of nostalgia.  That happened oh so many years ago... it's funny really, how things change sometimes.  

I shake my head to focus myself, as I need to be in the present if I want to be able to do magic.  The irony is, my determination to try and focus myself makes it harder for me to focus.  I'd spent most of the afternoon like this, for once ignoring my hunger so I could practice more magic.  However, my stomach takes control of me and I end up drifting near a plate of food that I'd assumed Layra had left for us to eat.  Only, Rin had taken her away and I was still here.  

I sit down and eat about half of it, leaving the other half for Layra for when she'll return.  However, while I eat I begin to grow more and more uneasy.  The Minister often spoke of how she has to conceal herself when talking to others, apparently having multiple personas depending on who she was around.  She has a hatred for Rin, which fits because of how he apparently mistreats and hurts her.  

Almost at once, I feel my food sink like a rock in my stomach.

Is she okay?  Should I go help her?  Where is she?

As much as I want to go help her, I can't.  I feel like such a horrible person.  If I help her, not only will we get found out, but Rin will kill me considering I can't skillfully use magic to defend myself yet.  Besides, all he needs to find is another person with Destruction as their Element- there's billions of people in the world, I doubt that'll be hard for him.  I think he's only hanging on to me because he forcefully bonded me with the two Pokemon who I'd taken for this journey.  

I quickly put away the food and stand up.  Time to get back to work.  There's so much things we need to do, and they can only happen if I practice my magic.

I take a deep breath and close my eyes.  I have no idea how to focus myself, but I figure being calm will help considering being overly excited didn't.  I want to do something simple to start, you know, something that can't kill me.  I'm thinking of making a bracelet.  A simple one, just string, a couple glass beads, and a larger one for its center.  The center bead is a blue-coloured glass orb with pink swirls mixed into it.  It's surrounded by a small ring of smaller and lighter-coloured ones.  

The idea for the bracelet comes from when me and Clemont were on our journey to find everyone.  The time was when we were still in Lumiose City, and I was still fresh with grief.  We were walking on one of the main streets in the shopping district, and that was when me and Clemont passed this extra fancy jewelry store.  The bracelet I'm trying to make was in the store, and it was actually the main one on display.  The colours reminded me so much of me and Serena that it made my heart hurt and my eyes water.  I'd wanted to buy it right then and there, but of course it was way to expensive for me to pay for.  Besides, I would've had no one to gift it too; I sure as hell wouldn't have kept it for myself.