Chapter 36: Free of Chains and Dragon's Reign

Hi everyone!!  SK here.

I... actually don't have a lot to say (other than that chapter name!!  Rhymes are awesome) so I'm just going to begin the chapter now.  I hope you enjoy it!!  And I'm wishing a happy belated birthday to my best bro, RahulKalosChamp- hope your birthday was awesome!!

So yeah, enjoy :D

Ash

I wake up and blink my eyes open, taking a raspy breath as I look around the room.  There are countless fairies tied up around me, and countless more that have been turned into stone by Yveltal.  I instantly search around for Serena, but I don't see her.  Panic suddenly overcomes me.  Where is she!?

I spot Alain, keeping guard of us.  I try to get up but I realize that my arms and legs are bound by dark magic, too strong for me to break.  Pikachu and Greninja must be inside my soul- dammit!  If I can't move my arms I can't summon them- I guess I'll have to continue on on my own.  

Alain makes eye-contact with me, and turns away.  I turn my head away from him, full of disgust for the guy.  I... I hate him.  He may be under Drago's mind control, but he almost killed Serena!  He's strong- he knows it, I know it- he would've been able to break through.  I grit my teeth.  He doesn't deserve to live in Drago's new universe.  

I hear another cry from Yveltal, which startles me.  Except it's not a cry... it sounds more like a... laugh?

I suddenly hear shuffles beside me, and I turn to see Clemont begin to wake up.  He looks like he's about to say something, but I silence him with a look.  He nods and tries to survey his surroundings, like I did.  He's looking for Bonnie, I realize.  Just like how I was looking for Serena.

Footsteps approach our cell, and Drago walks in.  He spies me awake and excitedly walks towards me.  I instinctively back away, even though I can't move much.  I thought he was made at me for not fighting beside him.  Why doesn't he look angry?

"Ash," he says breathlessly.  "I need to show you something.  Something that will truly bring out the darkness within you- you will join me after seeing the true power of Destruction!"

"Like hell I am," I counter.

Drago ignores my outburst and conjures some images in front of him.  The first image shows a scene of lava with red clouds surrounding the area.  I spot the occasional blobs of black obsidian that act as land.  There are some people on them- although they're covered in ash and have red, manic eyes.  It takes me a second, and seeing the top of Prism Tower, peaking out from under the molten lava, to realize what I'm seeing.

This is Kalos.

I'm speechless.

"This is just the beginning!" Drago exclaims cheerfully.  "Watch, see as the next region falls!"

I instantly recognize the scenery in the next image to be Jubilife City in Sinnoh.  To my absolute horror I find myself unable to look away as a wave of magma washes the beautiful region away, my heart breaking as I see innocent people cry out for a help that will never come.

"This is power," the Dark Leader says.  "This is your destiny.  You see it now, don't you?"

I'm about so say no, but I catch a look from Alain.  "Distract him," it seems to say.  I have no idea why he's wanting me to distract Drago, but I don't seem to have any other choice; both of them have the upperhand.  Besides, I know Alain will kill me if I don't comply- he's changed.