Chapter 21: Distortion of Feelings

Hi everyone!!  SK here.

Yeah I know this update is kinda unexpected and I said I was gonna focus more on my other book but.  a) I have writer's block for that book (nooooooooooooo), and b) I wanted to update this book while I still don't have school.

I start school on the first week of September... about two more weeks. *sarcastically* yaaayyyy......

Anyway let's start the chapter now... enjoy everyone!!! :)

Serena

"Everyone has been informed about the Council," Heliux informs me.  It's dark outside, close to midnight.  Although the a bright moon shines down on us, its light is a bit dimmer than usual which makes it a little harder to see.  It is also cold, and I start shivering a little.

"That's good," I say, trying to stop my teeth from chattering.  From looking at the Minister, I can tell he feels the same.  "Well, it's late and we should both go to bed.  Night, Heliux."

He nods and goes on his merry way.  "Have a wonderful sleep, Your Lightness."

I'm about to turn to my chambers and finally sleep when Brock's sudden voice fills my ear.  "Serena!"

I sigh inwardly and turn to face him.  To my alarm, he looks disheveled and upset.  "What is it!?" I quickly demand, my alarm spiking.

He begins panting, sounding out of breath.  "Serena, there's... there's a new Elemental!"

My alarm fades away to confusion.  "Wha... What?"  What's the concern?  There are new Elementals all the time.

Brock catches his breath and begins to explain his sudden outburst.  "Well, I was doing my routine check for incoming fairies before I went to bed, you know, the usual.  This time, though, there was a new person on my radar.  From the looks of things, they've been there for quite a while, and they're about to come of age too.  Does this name ring a bell...?" he says it out loud, and I'm filled with shock.

No.

No way.

That name rings a lot of bells.

"But... but how have you not seen...?" my voice trails away.  We could have avoided so many problems.

"I don't know," Brock says, sounding upset.  "Perhaps... my powers are weakening.  Maybe you need a new Advisor."

My heart hurts to think that he feels that way.  "No way.  Your powers are just fine.  Maybe something was blocking them...?" I ponder, thinking to myself.  Why would someone do that?

Brock shrugs.  "Perhaps.  Anyways, I'm gonna head to bed.  Let me know if you discover anything," he says, then goes back to his room.  However, I'm still thinking.

There's only three more fairies that are more powerful than Brock, and that's me, Heliux, and of course Her Majesty... but of course it wouldn't have been her.

And I know for certain I didn't do anything... and why would Her Majesty block the powers of one fairy when she hardly pays us any attention as it is?

As my heart begins to pound, I race to Heliux's quarters.  I knock, so he knows I'm coming in.  He doesn't really like people entering his room, as it's his personal space; I myself have entered only a few times, the last time being over a year ago.  He likes to have meetings in either my chambers or the proper meeting place, but never his quarters.  And, whenever I do enter, it's always a planned visit, so there must be something he's hiding, right...?  Or maybe it's just Heliux being Heliux, and I'm imagining things.