Chapter 39: Pillars of Light and Darkness

Hi everyone!!  SK here.

Before we start: 4K reads!?!?  Thank you all so much, my loyal readers!!! :D

So, Ash has beaten Drago.  Now it's time for him and Serena to end what Drago started.  Can they do it?  I guess you'll find out now!!

Also so you know how I said there was only going to be two more chapters??  Well, based on the word count I've decided to make it three more chapters... so yay I guess???

But all these chapters will be released one per day, within three days.  

Anyways, let's begin.  I hope you enjoy!! 

Serena

"Come on, come on," I whisper to myself, feeling stressed while staring at Ash's unconscious body.  It's been half an hour, and Ash still hasn't woken up.  I have no idea how long his battle with Drago will take- and I still have to prepare if it's Drago that comes out when Ash wakes up.

I wince.  No.  Don't think like that.  Ash WILL win, I'm sure of it.

I look at him, then look away to find Heliux.  I'm sure...

I spot the Minister on the other side of the Dark Fairies' camp, and run up to him.  He and Layra are holding up a barrier to keep the dark magic away from us.  Throughout the time that Ash has been unconscious Drago's apocalypse has gotten worse.  Yvetal, thanks to some brave fairies, was pushed outside our protective barrier, but it constantly strikes it.  I can see it weakening, little cracks here and there being the signs.  Besides Yvetal dark magic swirls all around us, the column swirling up to the sky.  I already know where the magic is going- towards the Sun.  I gulp.  Once the Sun is gone, no amount of protective magic will save us.

"Heliux, what should I do?" I demand.  Even within the barrier the wind is whipping at my hair.  

"Don't die for starters," Layra answers instead.

"Yeah, I kind of know that," I say, smiling slightly while I roll my eyes.

"Attempt to use some of your healing magic," Heliux tells me.  "It captures the most essence of Creation out of all types of magic.  But you need to go check on the boy Max, make sure he is holding up.  After, come back."

"I will, but..." I trail away for a second.  "Don't you think this kind of needs a bigger force?  Like the Queen?"

"The Queen is only to be summoned when times are dire," Heliux says sternly- he can act stern even in times of crisis, my word.  

Before I can object, Layra explains Heliux's words.  "Yes, these times are dire, but not dire enough, if that makes sense.  The Queen's power is too great for simple situations such as these."

"I'm sure if we could pay her a visit, we can go see her," I try to reason, but both Ministers shake their heads.  

"Her Majesty is not to be bothered, Serena.  She told me herself that as long as fairies are fighting each other, she doesn't want to be associated with us."

"But we're not going to be in a war anymore when Ash wakes up!" I point out to him.  "I could have one of the fairies go up there and-"

"Believe me, if we could have her help, I would go and get her; however, that is not in the cards for us.  Portals cannot be made directly to the castle, and we do not have the time to fly up there." Heliux tells me, sighing.  "We're wasting time here, you have to go."

"Got it," I say after a second, firing a beam of my magic at the barrier.  It passes through, and the magic created by Drago relaxes for a split second, then goes back to normal.  I bite my tongue; I'll admit that I'm a bit disappointed.  It's going to take a lot of power to stop this; we could really use the Queen's help, but if both Heliux and Layra are refusing, I suppose that I have to trust them.  I won't dawdle on it, but for now, I need to check on Max.