Chapter 10: Mysterious Fairies

Hi everyone!!  SK here.

I hope you've all had a good week- I have exams this upcoming week and I'm soooooo stressed but hey!  Writing is a good way to relieve stress so here I am with an update for you all.  I wrote an exam today (I finished with 1 minute left but I think it went well I hope) and I have an exam and a presentation tomorrow, but after that I'm finally done.  Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter!!

Ash

It took me a full ten minutes to find the exit.  Seriously, it took me that long.

I really need a map or something.

The greenery surrounding the fairy's home is absolutely stunning.  I mean, I'm not obsessed with nature and plants and stuff, but I can still admire it.  There are these little flowers that are growing close to the ground, in tiny little bunches of blossoms.  They're mainly white, but there are these bigger ones- lillies maybe?- that appear to come in all colours of the rainbow.  I reach over to touch one of the petals, and to my surprise they're softer than silk, if that's even possible.

Looking up, I have to shield my eyes from the distant sunlight that's shining down here.  The trees here appear to be normal-sized, but everything else is fairy-sized... a little odd, but then I remember that magic exists here, so anything can happen.  Except wait, no, that isn't correct, because there are some fairy-sized trees, and some normal-sized flowers and shrubs.  Huh.  As if this place wasn't odd enough.

"It really is beautiful here," I whisper to myself.  A slight breeze blows through my hair, making me smile.  Compared to the last couple years, this clearing is... well, it's extremely peaceful.  

I decide to venture deeper into the woods, just to see what else I can find among the greenery.  It appears to be the same types of trees, shrubs, and flowers, but I do notice that the vegetation begins to deplete the farther I venture away from the camp.  Maybe it's because fairies don't come here often, so there's no magic to replenish the life of the plants?

...or maybe, it's something else entirely...

I suddenly hear a twig snap on my left side, and I turn to see a girl who appears to be murmuring to herself, looking crossed.  I'm puzzled; I haven't never seen her before in the Light's camp.  I mean, I know I haven't seen everyone yet, but when I first entered the place there must have been at least three quarters of the fairies there.  Her clothing is different too; her dress is not as big as Serena's is; it has a similar shape but it's longer, and it's a darker purple instead.  She also has these ribbon-like things floating away from her dress and she dark hair as well.  Her wings almost look black, with faint hints of purple coming through.  I wonder... who is she?  I try to hide, some part of me thinking that she would run away if she were to see me.

Suddenly I remember that Serena said something about fairies being classified by their wings.  Is this girl a Dark Fairy?

"Come out," she says calmly, but it still startles me.  "I know you're there."

My breath hitches for a second, because I know there was no way for her to hear or see me, but I step out regardless.  "Hi," I say rather awkwardly.

The new girl takes one look at me and a shocked expression appeared on her face.  "You... you're the one he wants..." her eyes don't seem focused, and her breathing quickens, like she's hyperventilating.  After a few seconds she calms herself though, clearly not wanting to seem flustered in front of a stranger.