Chapter 11: Realm of Lightness

Hi everyone!!  SK here.

For the character drawings, there is going to be a glossary at the back of the book in which you can see them all, as well as other information.  This will be up soon!

Anyway, let's start the chapter.  As always, I hope you enjoy!! :D

Serena

Me and Ash leave the forest, though I can tell that he seems a little upset about leaving.  I wonder why?  I mean, from when I knew Ash he was never really obsessed with nature... I guess I don't really know him anymore.  I mean, it has been literal years since I'd seen him last.

We quickly reach the Colony again, and by that time, the sun is already setting.  It took Ash and I most of the day to get here and get everything sorted out, and with everything going on, it's easy to lose track of time. 

I love it when it gets dark out, because the stars create beautiful patterns on the ground.  They sparkle and shine and bring the most vibrant of colours to us.  This is all the work of Lillie, of course, as they are her product of her Element.  She is absolutely amazing; even Heliux says that he has never seen someone as powerful as she is with what she does.  

"I can't believe it's dark already," Ash remarks.  "Say... is there anywhere we can get dinner, or...?"

I nod at him.  "If you go back to Mallow's place from earlier, I'm sure she'll make you up something."

He nods back to me and starts to head in that direction, stopping only when he realizes I'm not following him.  "You aren't coming?"

I shake my head.  "I'm sorry, but I have something I must do."

Ash looks at me skeptically.  "It's pretty dark out- what do you have to do at this time of night?  Just come with me for a few seconds, we can ask her to make it 'to go', if you want.  Please," he begs, looking at me with puppy eyes.  Those darn puppy eyes, really Ash?

I look back towards the stars, knowing that I still have at least ten minutes before I have to start.  "O-Okay, but we have to be quick."

Ash nods happily, takes my hand, and we head towards Mallow's eatery.  As soon as we enter, she looks at me and asks, "Usual, to go?"

"Two of them this time," I reply, then looking at Ash as he didn't get a chance to order what he wanted.  "Oh wait, Ash-"

"It's fine, Serena," he says, giving me a reassuring look.  "I'm sure whatever you like to get is good enough."

I nod tensely and turn back to Mallow, who already has the two packages ready for us.  "You better hurry, Serena, or you'll be late."

"Y-Yeah, I know.  Thanks again, Mallow!" I thank her as me and Ash make our leave.  I hear Ash say his own thank-you to Mallow as well, but all I'm focused on was getting to my chambers on time to start the ritual.  I don't usually have to do it, but I need another perspective on what to do with the whole Heliux situation, something the Spirits can provide me with.  

"You can sleep in my room tonight, okay?  Tomorrow, you'll get your own." My voice is clearly rushed as I open up a portal for Ash and me to go through.  He seems to get the memo that I'm about to be late for something, and he goes through the portal without any questions.  Ugh... that sounds like I'm about to kidnap him or something...

We arrive in my chambers, and I can tell he wants to make some sort of comment on it, but he keeps his mouth shut and looks at me worriedly.  "Serena, what's going on?"

"I have a ritual to perform right now," I explain breathlessly.  "Just... try not to let it disturb you too much, okay?  You can go to sleep."

"If it's okay, I'll watch for a little bit; I'm not really tired right now.  Is that okay?" He looks unsure of his question, probably wondering if he'd be intruding.